intercom question

rogerm60

30+ Posts
May 30, 2015
Round Top, TX
2015 GL 1800 with Roadsmith conversion. I've been looking into devises to untether from the comm cord on the trike and use Bluetooth for communication. SENA makes some good units for this purpose, but my problem is my wife doesn't want to listen to the same programing i listen to.

Is there a way to purchase two helmet units for intercom and she can pair with her iPhone and i can pair with the trike sound system, but we can still communicate via the intercom? We are about to take a weeklong trip and would like to see if i couldn't rig something up for better communication. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you guys.

As far as I know if you want to use the stock goldwing system and be cordless you are locked into Sena.A freewire unit and headsets.I think you need 20s or higher units to work the freewire.Pair the headsets to each other,her phone to hers and only yours to the freewire.I'm sure theres a setting for this but the trick would be to keep hers from trying to pair to the freewire.I'm not 100% sure on that but I think thats how it would need to be done.

Unless you want to use the cb or actual radio stations it would be alot easier to just have your individual phones paired to your headsets and the headsets to each other and each of use music on phone or free Pandora or Spotify and call it a day.Almost any communication unit will do that and be less headache in the long run.

We have the Cardo Edge and do basically what Marc said but as a note we are on a 2019 I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Ours has never failed to connect to each other but I regularly have to cycle mine to connect to the bike if I shut the bike off once connected everything works until I shut the bike down again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back