Independent rear suspension

wobray

40+ Posts
Jan 20, 2011
Skipperville, Alabama
Spoke with DFT trikes today. They have an independent rear suspension kit to be installed in their factory only, at this time.
6K out the door.
I am seriously considering it.

I rode a CamAm with independent suspension and did not like it at all. The engine & frame lean to the outside of corners giving you the feeling that the bike is trying to throw you off. And, if the passenger does not see the corner comming up, they get pushed to the outside of the corner, they correct late, you are already correcting by leaning into the corner, you correct for the passenger leaning, back and forth a couple of times with this. I have a Harly trike with a straight axel and it corners much better.

Safety being one of my top issues made me chose the independent wheel suspension due to its ability to take a sudden rise motion (e.g. hitting a curb on a corner) and not flip the trike. Ride comes next and I have found the ride better, however as mentioned by many, twisties are more fun on a straight axle. Our riding does not experience many twisties so it did not make a difference to us. As far as cornering is concerned, the torsion bar will keep the trike upwright and stable (same as automobiles) and not cause the "tipsey" motion mentioned above. Just for information, I do have a friend (woman) who did flip her straight axle trike on a ramp coming off a divided highway after hitting the curbing.

Spoke with DFT trikes today. They have an independent rear suspension kit to be installed in their factory only, at this time.

6K out the door.

I am seriously considering it.

Is this for a tri glide or a 2 Wheeled Harley???? That sounds like their swap out price to me for the upgrade on a tri glide?????

Keep us informed I am not that up to date on DTF! :wave4:

Is this for a tri glide or a 2 Wheeled Harley???? That sounds like their swap out price to me for the upgrade on a tri glide?????

Keep us informed I am not that up to date on DTF! :wave4:

Its a independent suspension for the TRI Glide..DFT makes a replacement that can be installed on the TRi Glide bikes...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back