ignition switch

Dragon

250+ Posts
Dec 28, 2010
oly,wa
Good morning
My switch is sticking, and turns slowly. Has anyone had good luck by just taking
the switch out, cleaning, lubing and just putting it back in.

Thanx
Dragon

I would recommend checking the ignition module just under the hood (in the aluminum steering box assembly). It's more likely that the sticking is coming from it being dry, or foreign debris. If you stand on the right side of the bike you'll see a "milky white" box that is bolted to the steering box, this is the module. It has a "rod" that slides in and out as you turn the key & if it's not lubricated it'll give you fits.

Hello
Thanks for the info, maybe I should have explained that this was not the only problem
I have been having. ever since I purchased the beast the aux has never worked. when you turn the switch to the first click it should engage the auxiliary for general power and mine does not, also when you turn the key to the aux position when you turn the key backwards mine will only work by jiggling the switch and have the steering wheel in it's lowest setting and then don't move it. another question does the key problems have any effect on the instrument cluster:xzqxz:. I am planning on replacing the module anyway. being in the PNW things seem to stay wet all the time and it is starting to effect the electrical gremlins. they love moisture:gah:. rambling on.

Thanks Richard for the help
Dragon

I replaced mine a couple of years ago because of it doing stupid things like the problems you're having. Get one from Ford. Not a big deal to change. Rick

Good morning

I installed a new switch and now the aux positions do not work at all:confused:

you can look at the switch and see that it is going back and forth and

travels the length by the key position, beast runs and starts but no aux

positions.

Dragon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back