I am done

Re: Iam done

I am so jealous!!!! Hoping to be out of where I work in under three years. The worse thing is most of my friends that I have worked with for the past 40 years have already "been paroled". I keep telling people I'm not really old, just look old and feel old. Not looking forward to going to work Monday morning with expected high of 20 below. I salute you. Bear

Just up the road from you, zbear, 40 miles north of Waterloo. I plan to get up Monday morning, check the weather on the TV, and then go back to bed!!!! Can't wait until the weekend.
Stay warm.

I retired three years ago and love every minutepepper. We ride until we run out of money and go home and save up for the next ride. What a way to live. The only problem is living in eastern Ohio.:gah: I take the winter to upgrade the TG to all the toys that are talked about on this web site. Great site and great prople........:D:D

GARY

I was off for two months in October and November for some surgery. Then for two weeks over the holidays for plant shut-down. The surgery was the 1st time I have been off for any extended length of time other than vacations. I would wake up every morning and had a sense of relief that I didn't have to go in today. After nearly 40 years there, I tell others: I don't want to quit working, I just want to quit working here. I want to get into that "relief" mode again one of these days.

I was off for two months in October and November for some surgery. Then for two weeks over the holidays for plant shut-down. The surgery was the 1st time I have been off for any extended length of time other than vacations. I would wake up every morning and had a sense of relief that I didn't have to go in today. After nearly 40 years there, I tell others: I don't want to quit working, I just want to quit working here. I want to get into that "relief" mode again one of these days.

I was a firefighter for 28 years. I loved it. But now, I feel it is a great place to be from.
Enjoy, we have all earned it.
Dennis

Retirement is like riding a trike. It takes a little time to get use to it, but once you do, you wonder way you didn't do it sooner.

I still remember how much I enjoyed lying in a nice cozy bed, on that first Monday after I retired, listening to the neighbors leave for work.

Congratulations!

Retirement is like riding a trike. It takes a little time to get use to it, but once you do, you wonder way you didn't do it sooner.

I still remember how much I enjoyed lying in a nice cozy bed, on that first Monday after I retired, listening to the neighbors leave for work.

Congratulations!

I especially enjoyed that last week, when it was 25 below zero.

Congratulations. I have been retired for 13 years now. At first it takes some getting use to. Trying to figure out what day is really Saturday. :) Next is trying to figure out where you want to take a ride today. :) Have a great retirement.pepper:wave4:clapping:Congrats:

Congratulations!!!! You will love it!! Retired 4 years ago at 55. Worked for the Navy (civilian) for 36 1/2 years. As what everyone has posted is true. Sometimes boredom sets in during the winter so I took up building wood boat models. Have fun. Oh, the wife is still working, has 5 more to go (CSX Railroad).ThumbUppepper

its been 2 weeks my retirement plan is right on track, gain weight, grow old and get depressed till spring its been cold here so dont get out much AND yes i do enjoy it (retirement) spring and summer are going to show its warm head and look out have plans to visit so enjoyable people from around Indiana and Illinois THANKS to everyone on here for the reply's about your retirements it sounds like everyone is enjoying it take care

its been 2 weeks my retirement plan is right on track, gain weight, grow old and get depressed till spring its been cold here so dont get out much AND yes i do enjoy it (retirement) spring and summer are going to show its warm head and look out have plans to visit so enjoyable people from around Indiana and Illinois THANKS to everyone on here for the reply's about your retirements it sounds like everyone is enjoying it take care

This is my third year retired in Indiana. We need to rethink this!!!!! :laugh:

11 months, 2 weeks to go for me. Then I can sit around, gain weight, get old, and be bored for 4 months waiting for spring to ride again. Then wait 2 years for my wife to retire, then we move SOUTH, to warmer weather and longer summers, damn, it's hard to wait.:Depressed:

Me too...April 1st is my last day...working 4day weeks now to use some sick pay up....Looking forward to trips on the trike....and some other Not too much work things...Virg 49

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back