hydraulic clutch problems

Dec 31, 2015
San antonio,tx
I have a 2015 Freewheeler, and I experience a bad day yesterday. At the begining of my ride the hydraulic clutch stop working. I cound not change gears and the handle got loose. after jerking the handle for what seem like a life time in the middle of heavy traffic it started to work again. So my questions to all 2015 freelwheelers, have anyone experience that problem. if so is there a recall on the 2015? I did some reseach and only found 2016 recalls and the numbers of bikes was in the thousands but no Freewheeler. If anyone can help I will gladly appreciate you! Also I called the dealer where I bought mine and he said sorry but your bike is not on recall.

Howdy Frank, I have a 2015 with almost 9k now and haven't had any problems with the hydraulic clutch. It's been serviced by the recommend intervals and the next one coming up. I'll have them check it while they haved it but so far no issues. Hope you find a resolve to your problem.

Howdy Frank, I have a 2015 with almost 9k now and haven't had any problems with the hydraulic clutch. It's been serviced by the recommend intervals and the next one coming up. I'll have them check it while they haved it but so far no issues. Hope you find a resolve to your problem.

thanks, just a heads up not a good feeling with the experience. stay save. I have filed a complaint with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). I will wait for any actions they may take. They have recalled thousands of 2014-2016 harley bikes with hydraulic problems but not freewheelers. again stay safe, and Thank you all!:mad:

I have a 2015 Freewheeler, and I experience a bad day yesterday. At the begining of my ride the hydraulic clutch stop working. I cound not change gears and the handle got loose. after jerking the handle for what seem like a life time in the middle of heavy traffic it started to work again. So my questions to all 2015 freelwheelers, have anyone experience that problem. if so is there a recall on the 2015? I did some reseach and only found 2016 recalls and the numbers of bikes was in the thousands but no Freewheeler. If anyone can help I will gladly appreciate you! Also I called the dealer where I bought mine and he said sorry but your bike is not on recall.

Hey Frank,

I have a personal experience with a Freewheeler and a reluctant hydraulic clutch lever.

I am not saying this is the problem but may be a problem for others.:Shrug:

A customer of mine had changed the attitude (angle) of his hand controls when he changed out his bars on his Freewheeler.

Unfortunately the clutch reservoir was at such a downward angle that when he turned to the left and parked it the clutch lever would not work a few minutes later.

If he straightened the handlebar or turned to the right when parked it was never a problem.

The reservoir couldn't be filled to the proper level and the hole in the master-cylinder was open to air and not fluid.

The only way to fill the reservoir was for him to take it off the bar and hand fill it.

I hope this helps you Frank ... if not then maybe someone else.
:Shrug:

Sorry to here about your clutch problems, but I have a lot of questions.

How many miles on your FW?

I don't know when it was made, but your close to 2 years. Has the clutch/brake fluid been flushed? At a minimum, has the level of the clutch fluid been checked?.

I'm no expert, but these are good places to start. Good luck.

What confuses me is that I know having a mechanical issue with any vehicle is frustrating, with no explanation of what was checked or troubleshooting of the actual problem & it's cause,

we are immediately checking for recalls on the issue.

Start by covering the tank & take the clutch master cylinder cover off & see what's going on with the fluid.

Let us know what you find.

What confuses me is that I know having a mechanical with any vehicle is frustrating, with no explanation of what was checked or troubleshooting of the actual problem & it's cause,

we are immediately checking for recalls on the issue.

Start by covering the tank & take the clutch master cylinder cover off & see what's going on with the fluid.

Let us know what you find.

Ut sure sounds like the piston in the master stuck

I too would be looking at the fluid and possible rebuild of the master

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back