Highway Pegs with Hannigan on a Venture?

Dec 14, 2013
Omaha
I just came back from checking out my 07 Venture at the dealer getting a Hannigan Kit on it. I plan to bring it home Tuesday afternoon.

I HAVE to have Highway Pegs due to health issues. I guess I screwed up by not thinking of this in advance.

The installer pointed out to me that my kuryakyn highway pegs won't go on like they were before due to the floorboards of the trike kit. I have to believe that I am not the only one to have run into this. What is the answer?

With the pegs in hand, I can see that the clamp will have to be turned 180* so that the bolt to the clamp faces the rear of the bike. This will bring the peddle approx. 4" closer to me, which of course I am not thrilled with. Of course, I didn't think to take Pics. If I don't get a solution before Tuesday evening, I will upload pics to better explain the problem.

Any ideas?

Mines a Wing/Hannigan. Not sure how your pegs mount to a Venture? I ended up changing to the Kury mini arms which cleared the foot fairings, allowing me to lower the pegs to where I needed them.

You did not indicate what highway pegs or how they were mounted. My 2009 RSV with a Hannigan conversion has Kuryakyn pegs that are mounted on the "crash bars" and in no way interfere with the Hannigan conversion or the normal floorboards.
These two photos show their location. First photo is the day I picked the trike up and the second is from a recent oil change. The pegs are able to be adjusted up/down & forward/backward. I find that I most often use them by placing my heels on the floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs.
JFI I am 6'2" and the pegs can be turned forward enough to be a stretch for my legs and up higher than I find comfortable.
Highway pegs001.jpgHighway pegs002.jpg

It appears that you have the same Kurykan Highway Pegs that I have.

But, your pics don't show the Running Boards option.

My pegs are now mounted but the bracket is now the the back of the crash bars. It works but they are quit a bit closer to me. So, I have discovered that I can simply lay my legs over the top of the and leave my feet hanging freely over the top. The pads hit me on my Achilies Tendan, so it is comfortable for quite awhile. I doubt I will buy longer extensions to put the paddles further forward.

Sorry Craig just now seeing this post. Hopefully by now you've resolved the footrests location on your bike. I'm including a couple pics of what I have on my bike. Like alwrmcusn I normally rest the heel of my foot on the floor boards and the front part of my foot against the foot pegs. There's enough room to adjust the footrests thou it is tight with the running boards.
Larry

Attachments

• 100_6016.jpg
    100_6016.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_6017.jpg
    100_6017.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 94
Yeppers, that is about all that can be done on mine.

although, since I am comfortable this way I really didn't look too much at Kurykan's accessories.

I had the exact same problem 3 months ago when I bought a 2012 Wing with a new Hannigan kit. I ended up buying new hardware and mounted my footpegs off the front vertical bar. Works fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back