Hey HOUSTON! We have a problem?

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
For you folks who live in Houston and along the Gulf Coast, how are you doing? Is there any flooding in your area? I live in the Hill Country and we only get some flooding at low water crossings and I personally live on a hill so have never been affected by flooding. During the first 500 year flood we had a few years ago the water cutting across our road base drive washed out and was later replaced by asphalt but that is it. Bazooka? Don't you live north of town? Let's have an update on things...

Its rained all around us but so far less than an inch at our place, but it's not over yet. I saw on the news that interstate I-45 was flooded and closed about 50 miles south of Dallas this morning. It doesn't take a lot for certain areas to flood in Houston so with whats coming I'm sure there will be some localized flooding. Galveston is in a voluntary evacuation. Hope everyone down that way stays safe.

We live in Bellville, about 65 miles NW of Houston. So far we have had over 4" of rain and still coming down. No winds yet but they were forecasting that for tomorrow and Monday (20 - 25 MPH) which could be a problem with trees going down with the ground being saturated. Several areas in and around Houston have over 7" so far with substantially more predicted overnight.

Sunman

I'm in The Woodlands and it has rained for 10 straight hours with the rate increasing every hour. It is a mess down here with more to come. The Mayor said 6-12 more inches tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of here and back to Florida on Monday

Almost due east about 20 miles from 'Zook, about the same rainfall amounts. So far, just a slow soaker, probably 1-1/2" since morning.

Some of the wife's folk live on the Bolivar Peninsula, which called for an evacuation, along with some areas of Galveston Island.

Still an 80% chance tonight, 100% tomorrow. Saw pics on the news of a train washed off the tracks near Corsicana.

Saw the Houston mayor in a press conference on Fox news asking folks to not drive through low water crossings and such. Just stay out of the wet stuff if at all possible!

As of this morning we have now had 6-3/4" of rain here in Bellville at my house. Still raining lightly and forecasted to continue through today. Ground is getting pretty soggy.

Sunman

I'm down here in Austin-San Antonio area since Thursday till Tuesday. Rain was hard yesterday at times, knee high rubber boots were the norm for a lot of folks yesterday.

Still raining hard here north of Houston. Will be glad to get back to The Villages tomorrow. Should have brought a jacket with me. Brrrr.

Blue skies in the Hill Country today but it did get CHILLY.... One day summer... one day fall and one day winter. Was in the 50s last night!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back