Heated Gear Connector Location

Sep 12, 2013
Baltimore, MD
OK...the mornings are getting colder...and the need for my heated jacket liner is approaching...so where do you guys place your heated gear connector? I no longer have the guard in front of the saddle bag to place a ty-wrap. Please help...... :xzqxz:

Jerry

I use this setup for both my heated gear and battery tender.

IMG_0202A.jpg

OK...the mornings are getting colder...and the need for my heated jacket liner is approaching...so where do you guys place your heated gear connector? I no longer have the guard in front of the saddle bag to place a ty-wrap. Please help...... :xzqxz:

Jerry

GL 1800 Hannigan:
My heated gear comes from the battery, fused, to the controller in the rear pockets (left side pocket for my control...right side pocket for the wife) with the off & on potentiometer knob sticking out of the pocket lids to control the temperatures, and the leads for jacket hookup come from under the seat and tuck into the backs of the seats.
The potentiometer is an easy reach for controlling the heat needed to the jacket.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Mine is for the Battery Tender and my Gerbing gear. Comes out from under the seat on the left side. When I have a passenger grab handle I wire tie it there, if not I just let it hang out.
I have the dual wireless remote control unit and it goes in one of the windshield pockets. Love not having all those wires hanging all over the place. ThumbUp

Where can a person obtain the FCS fan setup and how costly is it. Also, when idling in lots of stop and go traffic and hot out is it normal for oil pressure to drop down?
wards fan..yes on the oil pressure in hot weather..mine stays around 15 at the gauge..

Where can a person obtain the FCS fan setup and how costly is it. Also, when idling in lots of stop and go traffic and hot out is it normal for oil pressure to drop down?

Before you go with the fan setup expense, why don't you remove the catalytic converter first! If you're able to do it yourself, the only out-of-pocket expense is $75 for heat wrap from HD! Just don't understand the expense people go to for heat issues :Shrug:

Ok delta, usually a picture is worth a thousand words...but in this case...I need some words. What is that?

Jerry

That is my battery tender cable plugged into the same connector I use for my Gerbing heated gear.

Here's a link to the socket: Firstgear Coax Panel Mount Socket - Whitehorse Gear.

If you have a Harley adjustable backrest you can mount this on the right side. I have a Mustang and it didn't matter.

I use this setup for both my heated gear and battery tender.

IMG_0202A.jpg

I've done the same thing for my heated gear connection, but I'm now finding that the cover is bending the post that plugs into the connector. The spring or whatever it is that keeps the cover on is pretty strong and I'm concerned that I've ruined the plug from the controller. I've thought about cutting off the end and putting on a plug with a 90° bend so the pressure wouldn't affect it as much. Anyone else having anys problems with this setup? Otherwise, it's great. Very convenient to get to.

They said that for years and for years I didn't listen (they both had the male/female plug) - never had a problem in 15 years.
Now with the new system I do have both plugs - not a problem having both plugs come out in the same location.

Can't say that I've noticed this on mine. My battery tender was plugged in all of last winter and everyday I don't ride.

Well, the spring loaded cover finally bent the plug enough that it no longer worked. A friend of mine with more talent and patience found a plug that has a 90° bend and replaced the whole plug piece, so now there shouldn't be the pressure on the plug. Hope this one lasts because it is so convenient and looks good when not being used.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back