Heated Clothing

Nov 10, 2010
Lindale, TX USA (east TX)
if you were going to buy some heated clothing, would you get a full jacket liner or just a vest? Other than the obvious no heat on the arms, any pros or cons?? Brand preference?
thinking about buying some for my bride, but not sure what would be best. :Shrug:

I have both a vest and a jacket liner. The full jacket is the way to go (my opinion). In addition to keeping your arms toasty the jacket can be zipped up so there is a heated collar around your neck. My preference is Gerbing as I feel they set the standard and they stand by their products.

Fully endorse Kkaykk. Jacket liner from Gerbing is the way to go. I have ours hard wired to my 03GL with the 2 switches/led on either side of the key hole. That way I dont have to look far to switch on or see if the led is on or off.

I bought heated clothing for both the wife and myself late last fall. I agree with the Gerbings suggestion. I got the same for both of us - Cascade Extreme jacket and pants. I have worn the jacket at interstate speeds (70+) at 32 degrees with no issues. I have also worn the jacket, without the heated liner and with the vents open, when it was near 75 degrees. Very comfortable - lots of air flow. Literature says it is waterproof, but I have yet to test that.

We got ours through the "heated clothing outlet" for less than half price. Limited sizes and colors available, but they had what we needed and wanted.

Then we got the warm-n-safe gloves and socks, which plug right into the Gerbings gear and work great with the dual portable control.

I'm very pleased with the purchases I made. YMMV.

I would go with the jacket liner and adjustible control.
If you would be interested I have my late wifes gerbing jacket liner and union ridge outer pants for sale the jacket liner is 58x30.pants 16,18 short,in exclent shape would take 275 dollars and I will pay shiping cost.
If intersted you can e-mail me at jc.peacock@comcast.net.
:wave4::wave4::wave4::wave4:

My wife and I have been using the Gerbings jacket liners for ten years and will replace them with the same thing if they ever wear out. The heat, or lack of, around your neck makes the choice between vests or jackets a simple one. Gerbings also took my cold weather riding gloves and wired them with their heating elements and they work great. Much less than the cost of buying new heated gloves. They are the best people to work with and have a fantastic product.

I would go with the jacket liner and adjustible control.
If you would be interested I have my late wifes gerbing jacket liner and union ridge outer pants for sale the jacket liner is 58x30.pants 16,18 short,in exclent shape would take 275 dollars and I will pay shiping cost.
If intersted you can e-mail me at jc.peacock@comcast.net.
:wave4::wave4::wave4::wave4:

Jim, just not ready to pull the trigger yet thanks

Another happy Gerbing Jacket user here. Having the heat around the neck was the main reason I went that way and am glad I did.

That's where I bought our sets. Fortunately, when we were looking they had our sizes in the Cascade Extreme pants and jacket in Yellow. Not the case anymore.

I looked on that site for months before I and the wife decided to pull the trigger. It's all about the timing.

hitime and keystone -- thx for that link -- looks great and a lot easier than searching ebay!:D

I use Warm n Safe. Good company and owners are actually bikers that use their products and continually upgrade them. Liner has stretch side panels for snug fit (which you want) and I don't have any hot spots.

I use the Gen III liner and their gloves. Gloves are the most comfortable I've ever owned. I also use their remote controller. Its great, less wire to get in the way.

No affiliation....just a satisfied customer.

Well, I haven't ridden through Winnipeg in winter (-36'F last time there on business in a car), but I did fine with layers at -3'F this past winter. What this all means is...I don' need no stinkin' heated clothing! I have been trying to talk my wife into them, but no go so far. Her <50'F no riding ban remains in effect!:Joker3:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back