HD Tri Glide suspension lift

As a rule i always pull the clutch before starting, but....... it only takes once in front of dozens of riders for it to be very embarrassing - not as much as on 2 wheels though. LOL
Many years ago I did forget the front disk lock. Haven't since. :D

First that hand brake on the T/G Is a parking brake ,Not an emergency brake.
That said, When i park i just leave it in 1st gear, And when i want to start it it's second nature for me to pull in the clutch.

As a rule i always pull the clutch before starting, but....... it only takes once in front of dozens of riders for it to be very embarrassing - not as much as on 2 wheels though. LOL

Many years ago I did forget the front disk lock. Haven't since. :D

:blush: Ummm, TG engine won't turn over in gear unless you squeeze the clutch. Took a few presses of the start button before I saw the green N not lit... DOH!!!!!!:blush::blush::blush:

H-D Alarm Siren? The one under the left side cover? Isn't that just a plug n play?
That only took me a couple minutes to snap it in.

Is this maybe something different??

Gents, the lift kit is doable by using a motorcycle lift. I have a trailer hitch and I used that as my lift point. you must also make sure it balanced. Then put some jacks under the axle to ensure the bike doesn't fall on you.

This is the hard way to install the lift kit. Paying a mechanic with the proper lift tolls is probably the way to go. a good mechanic can probably to the job in 2 hours. If it take 3 hours, not a very good mechanic.

As far as installing the bumper, no disassembly required. The bumper installation is about 30 minutes if the bike is on a lift. The Tour Pack mod take about 30 minutes.

Patriot, Thanks for the info. I'm kindda leaning toward a mechanic(with the appropriate tools, to install it. I'm pretty sure I could do it - it doesn't look too involved. If I had a reliable lift I would do it.

I endorse the lift kit Dennis sells as well, and concur with what everyone else says about it. I am the least mechanically inclined person I know and if I could do it anyone can. Check out my photos on here that shows it being done. And check out the thread Nana posted.

Welcome to Trike Talk, this is how it goes here.

Rob

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally got to install the lift kit, the Tour pac spacer and the Hyper Lites. It took me from 9am to 5pm to do it all - mainly because I didn't have any correct way of lifting the rear end. It would take me 2 pages to explain how I did it. Bottom line is I finished. There were 3 times when I thought it was all lost and I had to revert to the language I used in the Marines - or more accurately the words I learned hanging around sailors. :censored: LOL

Took it for a little spin around the neighborehood - slowly at first - just to make sure I didn't forget to tighten something. Turning seemed to be a lot faster. I LIKE IT!

The HyperLites are awesome. Bright as %$#@ - oops, there's one of those sailor words. :D

I don't scrape the mufflers anymore.

I highly recommend these kits. Just make sure you have a real good way to lift the rear end.

Yesterday I finally got to install the lift kit, the Tour pac spacer and the Hyper Lites. It took me from 9am to 5pm to do it all - mainly because I didn't have any correct way of lifting the rear end. It would take me 2 pages to explain how I did it. Bottom line is I finished. There were 3 times when I thought it was all lost and I had to revert to the language I used in the Marines - or more accurately the words I learned hanging around sailors. :censored: LOL

Took it for a little spin around the neighborehood - slowly at first - just to make sure I didn't forget to tighten something. Turning seemed to be a lot faster. I LIKE IT!

The HyperLites are awesome. Bright as %$#@ - oops, there's one of those sailor words. :D

I don't scrape the mufflers anymore.

I highly recommend these kits. Just make sure you have a real good way to lift the rear end.

Ya R I G H T blame it on the sailers.
Butch

I would not own a trike without Dennis's lift kit,wings and baffle.Made my own pac bracket or I would have bought that from him also.

T K

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back