HD Screaming Eagle Cannon Slip On

rgc

Jul 21, 2010
Gulf Breeze, Fl
Has anyone tried the V&H true duals with the HD Screaming Eagle Cannon Slip On? If so, any thoughts on your results is appreciated.

I have the V&H true duals with the stock slip on. Just added the 255 cams and I am looking for a slip on that will quite things down a bit.

Thanks

RGC

Has anyone tried the V&H true duals with the HD Screaming Eagle Cannon Slip On? If so, any thoughts on your results is appreciated.

I have the V&H true duals with the stock slip on. Just added the 255 cams and I am looking for a slip on that will quite things down a bit.
RGC

Don't know about your true duals, but I went to the lcl. Harley dealer and heard the screaming eagle slip-ons on a stock 103, not impressed, the RC/X slip-on's on another stock 103 sounded a lot better IMO.

I'm going with the RC/X slip-on's. but mine is all stock.

Thanks

RGC

That is the danger of True Duals, I tried a set once and never again will I do it again. I had a set of V&H dresser duals and the SE one piece slip ons HD used to sell which were quite loud on an 05 Electraglide I used to own, killed the bottom end and the noise would make your ears bleed. I tried a set of stock slip ons which quieted it down but didn't get the bottom end back where it used to be. I ended up selling everything and going back to the factory head pipe and some SE slip ons.

I would be hesitant to suggest a muffler based on my hard learned lesson. If its to loud with the stock muffler it's going to be as loud or louder with an after market muffler. The only thing I think might quiet it down some would be a set of Supertrapp mufflers which take the disk and a close end cap, even then I'm not sure how quiet it would be.

"I have the V&H true duals with the stock slip on."

Well not sure what year stock slip ons you have. If you have the slip ons off a newer stock system that had a cat in the stock head pipe they are slightly louder once the cat is gone than a stock set of slip ons that came off an older system that came stock with out a cat in the head pipe. Not a lot but a bit.
I don't know of any slip on mufflers, Harley or after market, that are quieter than the stock factory ones.
Dan

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back