Have a vibration on my Roadhawk trike

vibration

Yeah I knew only to run it for a very short time but I figured I could eliminate something by doing it. I might ask him if he has a alternator /fan set up and try it. Like I said I put a new alternator on it several months ago myself. After I put it in I just spun it over by hand and it seemd ok. I spaced it the way the old one was. I think I am going to look at the fan with a inspection mirror and see if I can see anything before I pull it out. I keep you posted. Thanks for the suggestions.
It's Good you only ran it for a few seconds.

That is pretty much narrowing it down then. You might pull, or have someone pull the Alternator and fan out and take a good look at the fan. It could be a broken or loose blade that causing it also. I had that happen many years ago on a Baja bug. Also, if the trike sat for any length of time, it could be part of a birds nest or mouse nest. Seen that several times on bugs that sat for a long time. It will throw the balance way off.

If there isn't anything odd in or about the fan, then I have to suspect it being the alternator.

See if that that fella that deals with VW's has an extra alternator and fan set up to give it a try.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back