Harley Trikes?

Why is it everywhere I go some one yells out, " you should've bought a Harley". I saw a Harley 1200 the other day and it looked like it had training wheels as for my Lehman Storm is innovative, custom looking, fast and diverse. Why do Harley riders not respect a beautiful machine and why don't they respect the sport of owning a motorcycle or trike? Should I have bought a Harley? They are 2 times more expensive, the engines are 80 yrs old, the newer harleys are made in Mexico or Japan and even some China. So where is the "Made in USA"? :(:Trike1:

Wow what an introduction of yourself. If you have been reading this forum you would be aware that this group is very open minded to ALL trikes and bikes. The Harley riders are very respectful of the others as the others are respectful of everyone elses personal choices in their trike.

We are VERY glad that you joined us but you need to be aware that this forum is filled with positive type members. We are here to help each other out no matter what they ride.

Your Lehman is a very fine trike. Several members have them. This is a trike forum not a Harley Forum or any other individual trike.

Okay that being said again welcome aboard we are glad you joined us.

Wow are you sure you want to belong to our group ??
We are just the opposite of what you describe, we very well might dissapoint you !!! But like Gorilla said !! Welcome aboard glad you joined us !!!!

Gorilla is correct -- TrikeTalk admin strongly encourages trikes and trike riding of all sorts, and our membership reflects almost every brand of bike and trike. Those who begin flaming other brands or riders on the forum soon find they don't feel comfortable here! We would not like that to happen to you or anyone else who enjoys the banter and wisdom this diverse, but happy, family has to offer!

TrikeTalk.com is a "safe zone" from all that garbage. So bring your beautiful Storm and your riding experiences in here and just be part of the good times! :D

Don't let yourself be taken up by those comments,it will spoil your riding time.
I have sometimes responded to the person making a comment like that and found that many don't even have a motorcycle of any kind.Just like the fad of buying a new pickup truck and placing a large Harley logo sign in the back window.I have asked many of those drivers,just trying to be friendly about motorcycles,and have been told,they don't own one now,but that's what they would get someday.Most of my Harley friends wouldn't put a big sign like that in their truck letting bad guys know what they have in their garage.
That doesn't happen here on Trike Talk,as you will be respected for the fact that you ride,not what you ride.
I love all motorcycles and have owned just about every brand including Harleys and would have a springer soft tail parked in my garage next to my Gold Wing if I could afford it.
Now if you want something to be concerned about,take the little old seniors (I am a senior) who stand there in gas stations,pointing a finger at you and lecture you about the dangers of riding a motorcycle.I have run in to more of them than people with bad comments about my choice of motorcycle.I have a favorite comment that usually ends the conversation,don't think Trike Talk would want me to put it here.

Welcome.

i started riding in 1965 i think???? i've rode may different bikes American, British. Japanese i think a little mini chopper i have was made in China!!! its all good.... i let negative remarks roll off when ever possible life's short ride on!!!
magoo

people that insult other people just for what they ride have no place in my world. I use to ride a yamaha roadstar 1700, people use to make all kinds of neg. comments about it. i just ignore them and go on with my life. guess they have nothing else better to do, or maybe they are insecure. oh well, now i have the VW trike.

Should I have bought a Harley? They are 2 times more expensive, the engines are 80 yrs old, the newer harleys are made in Mexico or Japan and even some China. So where is the "Made in USA"? :(:Trike1:

Not to stir the pot,
But....... those last statements of yours are kind-of negative also,
And incorrect. Just saying.:Shrug:

Not to stir the pot,
But....... those last statements of yours are kind-of negative also,
And incorrect. Just saying.:Shrug:

Just to let you know The V-twin 45 degree Harley Engine was developed in the 1920s with lifters and a seperate transmission in which is in the Harley Davidson today the only thing that has changed is it is rubber mounted or their is a counterbalancer. The shocks on a Harley come from Showa, Showa is a Japanese company both front and back. The wiring harnesses are made in Mexico, take a harley apart you'll find it. The V-rod's engine was developed by Porche, a German company. Some of the Chrome on the Harley was manufactured in china.

Why is it everywhere I go some one yells out, " you should've bought a Harley". I saw a Harley 1200 the other day and it looked like it had training wheels as for my Lehman Storm is innovative, custom looking, fast and diverse. Why do Harley riders not respect a beautiful machine and why don't they respect the sport of owning a motorcycle or trike? Should I have bought a Harley? They are 2 times more expensive, the engines are 80 yrs old, the newer harleys are made in Mexico or Japan and even some China. So where is the "Made in USA"? :(:Trike1:

Everywhere you go? such bad luck. I've driven many type of bikes over the years including harleys, and have had the pleasure of riding with friends who owned harleys, but appreciated bikes of many types. You are discussing an unfortunately narrow minded group who will not understand the many wonderful configurations out there, but you won't change them.
On the other hand, you seem to have your mind pretty set against harleys as it is. There are people here who ride all types of trikes and bikes, why single out the harley riders as the ones with limited vision?
There are riders on all types of bikes who see their bike as the only logical conclusion. No need to waste time on them. This is not exactly a new phenomenon.

Goldwing prices and Harley prices for the Ultra Classic are actually quite similar. A HD is not twice as expensive unless you are comparing apples to oranges. You will find that with some research, touring models from most manufacturers are in the 20k to 30k range brand new.

I started with an Allstate MoPed when I was 13. Since then I have had British rides, Japanese rides and Harleys. I respect all who ride, we have the same interests and concerns, heck I even wave at scooter riders. Like Rodney King said, can't we just all get along? LOL!!!

I wish that the group I am surrounded around had the same visions of you all, it is great to have great Trike entusiasts as well as a diverse group. Don't get me wrong Harleys are a great machine, just wish some of their riders were as geat as you are?

Just to let you know The V-twin 45 degree Harley Engine was developed in the 1920s with lifters and a seperate transmission in which is in the Harley Davidson today the only thing that has changed is it is rubber mounted or their is a counterbalancer. The shocks on a Harley come from Showa, Showa is a Japanese company both front and back. The wiring harnesses are made in Mexico, take a harley apart you'll find it. The V-rod's engine was developed by Porche, a German company. Some of the Chrome on the Harley was manufactured in china.

Sorry my friend, but you are only half informed !! They have changed the valve train and installed twin cams and many things to many to list, better read up a little more before you make negitive statements... I have been riding them for 50 years and have never said a negitive thing about anyones bike unless I had owned one and knew first hand where ther faults were !!! Yes some parts are made for harley in other countrys but go out to york and tour the plants you will be impressed ! The engine for the V rod was built by a fellow that worked for Porche no the company its self !!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back