Group Riding-Trike

I ride my TG as I have ridden my 2 wheelers for the last 50 years - no more no less. I ride in the left track of the lane as if I'm still on 2 wheels. My trike is only 12" wider then an Ultra. I have never had anyone tell me I have to ride in the back. If someone did, I would never ride with that group again.
I know my abilities and if I didn't think I could handle the situation, I wouldn't be in that position. Thankfully my chapter has no problems riding with trikes in the mix.

The statement that a road captain is picked because of his safety record is pure bull$** . They are picked because of their popularity - has nothing to do with how safe they are.......at least in every election I've seen. I know a rider that is very safe - maybe too safe. He is never mentioned as a candidate for road captain because he's kind of a recluse and not popular.

Our chapter has monthly new rider rides and all questions and tips are given then, which is why we don't have problems riding in groups. We NEVER ride side by side. We always have road captains spread throughout the group in case we get stopped at traffic lights, that way they can take over the lead of the new segment so riders don't have to run the red light to keep up.

If someone has a problem riding with a trike, they should give up riding or at least wait until there is no traffic before getting out on the road.

"The statement that a road captain is picked because of his safety record is pure bull$** . They are picked because of their popularity - has nothing to do with how safe they are.......at least in every election I've seen. I know a rider that is very safe - maybe too safe. He is never mentioned as a candidate for road captain because he's kind of a recluse and not popular. "

smiles-B_S_flag.gifYour story Gary, you can tell it ANYWAY you want to!

the 1% rs of old were not even close to your local hog chapter.
The road captain might very well have been heeled with a sawed off greener.

I have been away from that scene for many years, they may do things different today who knows?
Before you call something bullshit you should know of what you speak?smiles%20slap%20head.gif

smiles%20puke.gifI'll get out of the cat box now, you can wallow in it if you wish? Enjoy!

Gary, I don't know if this will help with teaching adults(know it all), but when I was teaching my son & his friends how to ride 3 wheels & later 4 wheels and they kept putting feet down, I would have them stand up on the pegs or floor boards. It seemed to help more than telling them that they were going to break an ankle or leg if they put a foot down at the wrong time.

I just had an idea, for the adults, make a seat pad with nails sticking up so they can't sit down & put a foot down!!!:gah::clapping::AGGHH::D

Great idea, but everyone seems to be forgetting the funny part of moving from two wheels to three. It's when they've stopped and their left leg starts pumping up and down trying to put the kickstand down. It's pretty funny to watch, but kind of embarrassing when caught doing it! Don't ask how I know this.

As for position in group riding, every group has their own rules and if I want to ride with them on that particular event, then I follow their request. Figure if I want to ride, it makes no difference where I'm at as long as I'm out on the road enjoying myself. That being said, I was "told" once that if I was going to lead a group that I should be careful not to slow down too much in the curves. Let's just say they never made that comment again after that ride.

Enjoy yourselves out there, have fun and be safe!!

I like the loner thing, I ride as fast as I want, or as slow as I want, I stop when I want, I pass when I want, if I have friends who want to go to a rally or meet some where, I'll meet them there at a designated time, I don't mind riding with one or two that I know well, but no way with a group of 10 or more as some here have said, in formation :AGGHH:.
I would rather enjoy the ride then worry about the ability of another rider I don't know that well.
I guess I'm just a simple guy :xzqxz:.

I ride my TG as I have ridden my 2 wheelers for the last 50 years - no more no less. I ride in the left track of the lane as if I'm still on 2 wheels. My trike is only 12" wider then an Ultra. I have never had anyone tell me I have to ride in the back. If someone did, I would never ride with that group again.
I know my abilities and if I didn't think I could handle the situation, I wouldn't be in that position. Thankfully my chapter has no problems riding with trikes in the mix.

The statement that a road captain is picked because of his safety record is pure bull$** . They are picked because of their popularity - has nothing to do with how safe they are.......at least in every election I've seen. I know a rider that is very safe - maybe too safe. He is never mentioned as a candidate for road captain because he's kind of a recluse and not popular.

Our chapter has monthly new rider rides and all questions and tips are given then, which is why we don't have problems riding in groups. We NEVER ride side by side. We always have road captains spread throughout the group in case we get stopped at traffic lights, that way they can take over the lead of the new segment so riders don't have to run the red light to keep up.

If someone has a problem riding with a trike, they should give up riding or at least wait until there is no traffic before getting out on the road.
Thank ya very much ! You would be excellent to ride with , imo ! Ebert

"The statement that a road captain is picked because of his safety record is pure bull$** . They are picked because of their popularity - has nothing to do with how safe they are.......at least in every election I've seen. I know a rider that is very safe - maybe too safe. He is never mentioned as a candidate for road captain because he's kind of a recluse and not popular. "

View attachment 22407Your story Gary, you can tell it ANYWAY you want to!

the 1% rs of old were not even close to your local hog chapter.
The road captain might very well have been heeled with a sawed off greener.

I have been away from that scene for many years, they may do things different today who knows?
Before you call something bullshit you should know of what you speak?View attachment 22408

View attachment 22409I'll get out of the cat box now, you can wallow in it if you wish? Enjoy!

I have no idea what you just said.

1. I did tell it the way I want to
2. I do know "of what I speak" and I said so when I said "at least in every election I've seen".
3. What does "1%'s of old not even close to a local HOG chapter" mean???
4. "Heeled with a sawed off greener" - HUH! Maybe I'm too old or too young to even remotely know what that means.
5. Do what differently then they use to??? Choose a road captain - ride in a group - what?????????
6. Wallow in what? I just made a quick simple statement. I wouldn't call that wallowing.
Didn't you take your nap or are the meds wearing off? :AGGHH:

I have no idea what you just said.

1. I did tell it the way I want to

2. I do know "of what I speak" and I said so when I said "at least in every election I've seen".

4. "Heeled with a sawed off greener" - HUH! Maybe I'm too old or too young to even remotely know what that means.

5. Do what differently then they use to??? Choose a road captain - ride in a group - what?????????

6. Wallow in what? I just made a quick simple statement. I wouldn't call that wallowing.

Didn't you take your nap or are the meds wearing off? :AGGHH:

4. "Heeled with a sawed off greener" - HUH! Maybe I'm too old or too young to even (remotely) know what that means.

stop%20stop.jpg

Didn't you take your nap or are the meds wearing off? :AGGHH:smiles your%20kiilin%20me.gif so clever!

MY ORIGINAL POST WAS ABOUT AN ( OUTLAW 1% ) POINT OF VEIW.:OffTopic:
YOUR LOCAL HOG CHAPTER DOES NOT FIT THE CATAGORY OR IT WOULD NOT BE MOTOR COMPANY SPONSORED.

Therefore calling the point of view bullshit prior to investigation either means you don't understand that point of veiw or failed to comprehend the original post to begin with?

Let's call it quits before this goes any further.
I have been asking myself what it's going to cost me to be right and have determined the price to be too high, So YOU can be right ok?

It isn't going to make any damn difference tomorrow, next week, a month from now!Cigar[1].gif

Attachments

• 10405300_703100423104235_7389296278407920373_n.jpg
    10405300_703100423104235_7389296278407920373_n.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 144
  • smilesHEAVILY%20MEDICATED.jpg
    smilesHEAVILY%20MEDICATED.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 149
Trikes have a shorter stopping distance than a 2 wheeler. So they say, never saw it proved. Also I don't want some jerk slamming into the rear of my trike and ruining a $1,000 paint job, plus $ 1,000 in body work

My Thoughts also.....PMs only Guys from this point on, before Your "discussion" gets out of hand.....no more open forum discussion or I may have to send some PMs.....Thanks, skuuter.....ThumbUp

Done as far as I'm concerned, do what you must!

Thanks for your time Skuuter

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't fully read your post. I was assuming you were comparing all groups in general when choosing an RC. It pays to fully read something before commenting on a subject.
My meds wore off long ago.
Sorry again.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't fully read your post. I was assuming you were comparing all groups in general when choosing an RC. It pays to fully read something before commenting on a subject.
My meds wore off long ago.
Sorry again.
smiles Post%20Of%20The%20Day.gif

It's all good smiles-deadhorse.gif lets call it a dead horse and not beat it anymore.:Meds:

The forum has a purpose and this probably wasn't it?smiles-admin1.gif

My club has an order, but it has nothing to do with whether you ride a trike or a bike. Full patches then prospects then hangarounds. Ride side by side and I trust any of my brothers to ride beside me whether it be across three states or through the concrete jungle. Then again, we ride together a lot.

cavie, I know what you mean.
I don't have too many riders trying to ride next to me - after all the trike is pretty big and intimidates them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back