Got a call from Coach Rice

I shopped around and researched for two years before I made my purchase. Carl was the dealer as he tolerated my repeated phone calls with questions with a smile. Not only that, we made a deal over the phone and NO cash changed hands until the trike was delivered, personally, by him at my front door.

I am extremely mechanically inclined. But I wouldn't want to tackle this "simple" job myself. For a couple of reasons. The number ONE reason is the fact that a lot of trike companies now simply are not shipping to the garage mechanic any longer. To do your own install means you are subject to not being covered by any factory warranty that the manufacturer might offer. That's the second, and most important, to me anyway, reason for allowing someone that's factory trained to install.

If you want a hack job there are plenty of back-of-the-truck installers out there that will make you a helluva deal. I have one BIG name in mind but I will not get in to that issue here. If you have been around the forums long enough I am sure you know who that is.

I am glad that I paid for what I think is quality workmanship. I don't think that I overpaid in ANY way. The prices listed certainly seem high. But I am sure that Carl is willing to "make a deal". It never hurts to ask as all someone can do is say "no".....

I am sure he is a good and reputable dealer/installer. I am not disputing that. I am simply saying that there are MANY good installers with good prices. To compare them to the paint job is a stretch. In the scheme of things, a trike kit installation is very simple. Anyone who is mechanically inclined and takes their time can do a quality job. I realize there are "installers" that should be banned from their profession. Believe me I have experience with them but it does not justify extremely high prices from some. As I said earlier, it is not rocket science. I do not blame any business for getting all they can for their product but they in turn cannot blame me for shopping around.

I shopped around and researched for two years before I made my purchase. Carl was the dealer as he tolerated my repeated phone calls with questions with a smile. Not only that, we made a deal over the phone and NO cash changed hands until the trike was delivered, personally, by him at my front door.

I am extremely mechanically inclined. But I wouldn't want to tackle this "simple" job myself. For a couple of reasons. The number ONE reason is the fact that a lot of trike companies now simply are not shipping to the garage mechanic any longer. To do your own install means you are subject to not being covered by any factory warranty that the manufacturer might offer. That's the second, and most important, to me anyway, reason for allowing someone that's factory trained to install.

If you want a hack job there are plenty of back-of-the-truck installers out there that will make you a helluva deal. I have one BIG name in mind but I will not get in to that issue here. If you have been around the forums long enough I am sure you know who that is.

I am glad that I paid for what I think is quality workmanship. I don't think that I overpaid in ANY way. The prices listed certainly seem high. But I am sure that Carl is willing to "make a deal". It never hurts to ask as all someone can do is say "no".....

I was not recommending that a person do a self install. I am aware that some kit manufacturers will not sell to an individual. I was only making the point that , to my way of thinking, there is no need to pay someone a lot of extra money thinking they are paying for a special skill when in fact they are not. They are only paying for what the installer is supposed to do. I have one friend with a self install Champion and another with a self install Roadsmith. Both have ridden many miles with out a single problem pertaining to the conversion.

I am glad you are happy with your trike and transaction. That is all that matters. It certainly is a good looking conversion. I live within 100 miles of the hannigan factory and have visited several times. They are one of the best. Being confident in the manufacturer and installer gives great peace of mind which you seem to have. I did not intend to start a debate but do still wonder why someone would post such high prices for their items and chance giving people, like me, sticker shock. But, that is his business and he seems to be doing well.

Anyway, again I am happy you are satisfied and wish you many happy miles on your Hannigan. By the way, I have been on some MC forums since 2000 and am aware of the forum wars in progress now.

Be weary of this dealership. I have a Motor Trike they built some years ago.CRAP. No they do not Install Motor Trikes, Anymore.They are Not allowed to. They told me that they would not help with any issues that i am having now. So all I can do is to look for a Motor Trike Dealer, Great O,Yes I may be Just a little Upset. I'll not be bothering them again.:Shrug:

The Founder of Trikes by Coach Rice, Jack Rice, did unfortunately pass on a couple of years ago. May he Trike in Peace, Joy, & Love on Heaven's Highways for evermore his dues being well paid during his all too brief time with us.
We here at Hannigan Motorsports are blessed to have known Jack and cherish the memory of his time and Friendship.

Although sad and regrettable, there is a positive "Rest of the Story" to be told,,,

His Brother, Carl Rice, had been working with Jack since the beginning and upon Jack's untimely passing continued to carry on Trikes by Coach Rice honoring the Legacy of his Brother as well as the Tradition of excellence and service to the Trike Community that they both had worked hard to establish and maintain.

Although we here at HMS and the Motorcycle/Trike Community as a whole mourned the loss of and will always miss our Friend Jack, we are equally as honored to have Carl to pick up the Mantle as "The Coach" continuing the exemplary Legacy, Expertise, and Service to us and All.

I previously shared my experience here (and with Hannigan directly); about my Ultra/Hannigan build, so being out of business doesn't surprise me. I also noticed after I read this that my trike is for sale on his website under "used inventory". Weird...

I previously shared my experience here (and with Hannigan directly); about my Ultra/Hannigan build, so being out of business doesn't surprise me. I also noticed after I read this that my trike is for sale on his website under "used inventory". Weird...
My Trike is also listed for sale on their website for 2 years now, Used 2013 BMW K 1600 GTL 10 miles, just trying to draw in customers I guess.;)

I tried calling yesterday and got a disconnect without a forewarding message

Others may have had issues with him,but he has always been good to me.
Was my trike perfect no.
I had to modify the Aqua Shield Because because it would hamper some movement of the foot brake.
Instead of whinning about that .
I took a Dremel and widen the slot on the floor.

When I bought a Porshe I had to fiddel with a cable that allowed warm air to enter the interior.
Didn't whine about that either.

Loved the Porshe,and love the Trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back