Got a 2014 Triglide

I was just on the H-D website. The specs say there is gear indication in the lighting specs. Is this just the 6 gear or have they changed it to include all gears?

i believe its all gear indication and parking brake indicator also..for those of us that forget the parking brake is still engaged..

1. indicator for all gears

2. no heated grips on TG

3. Why didn't you keep the Zepplin seat? You could have put it on the '14 or sold it.

There's no way I could sit in one position longer then an hour. Thank god for the RZ seat.

4. I don't ride with a passenger

@ BEORN of GA

So you are saying that the rear suspension has been modified so that the 2014 stock model will not need the shock lift kit from Dennis?

Have you riden enough and used the GPS yet that you can say what it's like to look down to the GPS while riding?

And I always thought that the CB was nice because you could talk bike to bike (other HDs or other brands with a CB - ie: GW).

I can't tell from pictures and haven't seen a new triglide yet at our dealers. My question, is the 2014 OIL COOLER the same as the older ones? Have they changed the shape or hookup for accomodating the liquid head coolers. ?

D.

I can't tell from pictures and haven't seen a new triglide yet at our dealers. My question, is the 2014 OIL COOLER the same as the older ones? Have they changed the shape or hookup for accomodating the liquid head coolers. ?

D.
no oil cooler..the water pump is in place of the oil cooler

I picked up a 2014 Triglide last Friday (Traded in my 2011 Triglide). WOW, it's a whole new Triglide. Less heat coming from engine even when stopped in traffic than with my 011 with the cat removed, aftermarket mufflers, and retuned. It rides better than my 2011 with a Legends air setup. Clearance from bottom of mufflers to ground is the same as my 011 with a 1 1/4 shock lift. Less turbulence behind the fairing than my o11 with a bunch of after market air dams. Radio / GPS is incredible.

That's great to hear!! I have my 2011 Tri Glide up for sale, waiting on a Mysterious Red Sunglow to come in at my dealer. Can't wait for it to get here, should be in sometime late Sept. or early Oct. hopefully in time for Thunder Beach.

It's in the classifides here if you know anyone looking for one at a great price.

Thanks for posting your assessment of the 2014. :)

I picked up a 2014 Triglide last Friday (Traded in my 2011 Triglide). WOW, it's a whole new Triglide. Less heat coming from engine even when stopped in traffic than with my 011 with the cat removed, aftermarket mufflers, and retuned. It rides better than my 2011 with a Legends air setup. Clearance from bottom of mufflers to ground is the same as my 011 with a 1 1/4 shock lift. Less turbulence behind the fairing than my o11 with a bunch of after market air dams. Radio / GPS is incredible.

I picked mine up Monday the 26th. Ditto on everything you say. I will do 200 mile trip tomorrow on Florida back roads to get more acquainted with my new girl and break her in. Only 50 miles so far so can't confirm anything.

I will say that I rented a 2013 TG a week before for 2 days (350 miles) and rode to see if I liked it. The heat on the 2014 is way less.

I rode in shorts. I traded in a flhtk with engine mods to cool it down and so far I can't say that there's a heat problem with the new bike. Time will tell but sooner or later the cat will be gone!

The Harley dealer today told me that it still has the oil cooler and also now the water coolers, that is where the dual cooler name from....

Having not seen one in real life yet, I asked a dealer, they said it still had it, in fact had sold some new Ultras and said it was there, but all admitted they had not LOOKED!! :>) Sure looks like pump and rheostate are in the same place.
I have a feeling if they are gone that no one is bringing attention to it at dealers. Shouldn't be long before I see one, or an ultra, here to check out.
Seems like someone on here with a new one would postr a picture???????

Not true!! Air and Liquid Cooled is the twin cooling that H-D is advertising. The bikes without the Liquid Cooling still have the Oil Coolers.:Shrug:

Roger

Not true!! Air and Liquid Cooled is the twin cooling that H-D is advertising. The bikes without the Liquid Cooling still have the Oil Coolers.:Shrug:

Roger

Yes, I HAVE seen new bikes without the new engine that still do have the cooler.

As I said, A picture would be worth a thousand words.

I'll wait until next year as I think it will return as the new "TRIPLE COOLING" engine, 'RUSHMORE DOS':Excited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back