GoPro

Are you using the power socket on the left hand side of the fairing? If so,

do you have any problem with clearance when turning? Re: the plug sticks out too far?

thx....Cath.

I am running my power from that lighter socket on the left side of the fairing. I purchased a USB adapter that is bout 1/2 the size of a normal power adapter.

o~\o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 90
I am running my power from that lighter socket on the left side of the fairing. I purchased a USB adapter that is bout 1/2 the size of a normal power adapter.

o~\o

If you use the battery replacement thing like I did, it comes with the "large" type plug in. (they may make one with USB type end also. they seem to make allot of different ways to power these things) That is why I put a power outlet in my right lower. I understand now about the need for small plug if you use the cigarette lighter in clam shell fairing as a power point.

Dennis

Having a blast at the TrikeTalk Rally in Eureka Spgs.

Heres a few frames from one of our group rides. They were shot with the GoPro mounted on the lower inside engine guard.

One fellow mounts his GoPro utilizing the suction cup in the middle of his fairing right below the windshield. Didn't see any footage. Hopefully he'll post some.

o~\o

You must select public when you post a video on YouTube or it can only be viewed with permission. Go back into the U tube edit and re select public.

:Shrug::Shrug: Tried to view and it was marked private, so unable to watch :Shrug::Shrug:

Sorry bout that. Had a heck of a time getting it to load up in the hills of Arkansas, wifi was not that good at the motel....got it on the 5th try. I uploaded it as public but didn't take. Had to wait 'til I could get on a real computer instead of my iPad.

Try it now.

o~\o

Took a video on the way to Americade in Lake George NY. Got to find a down load that does no degenerate the quality. Riding in the northern roads of upstate NY and New England. Those coming to the NE TT rally will enjoy rides like this

Friend of mine bounced his on the pavement Sunday went back and got it and it stills works like a charm. They may be made by TIMEX.

Just came across your thread today Dennis and it looks like you just about have it tuned in. Just like you i can't get over how steady the video is looks great.

I wanted to pass along a really good site for this type of stuff. Few years back we bought some suction mounts for camcorders for off roading. These guys have about anything you could think of. Just thought i would pass along the info.

http://www.filmtools.com

Another small putt today. Just 110 miles so just another test before trip out West mid July. I think I am going to move mic. Maybe into trunk or close to ends of mufflers. Too much tranny noise under seat. Who knows!
Anyway, I am liking position of camera and quality of this camera. This on Vimeo set at 1080
Take a look: [video=vimeo;99199911]http://vimeo.com/99199911[/video]
Dennis

Great shots Dennis.

Like the fade edits.

See the resolution was 1080, what was the FPS ?? Also looks like you shot it narrow, right ?

I shot quite a bit at the rally. Shot wide, medium and narrow. Shot everything at 1080 but varied the FPS. Just didn't like much of what I shot. Just wasn't as crisp as I thought it should be.

o~\o

Great shots Dennis.

Like the fade edits.

See the resolution was 1080, what was the FPS ?? Also looks like you shot it narrow, right ?

I shot quite a bit at the rally. Shot wide, medium and narrow. Shot everything at 1080 but varied the FPS. Just didn't like much of what I shot. Just wasn't as crisp as I thought it should be.

o~\o

All shot at 30 FPS / MED to get rid of fisheye. Upload to the free edit program from Go Pro. Upload and process at high quality 30 FPS and export out the same way for Vimeo. Then upload to Vimeo. After it uploads to Vimeo I set the quality in Vimeo to 1080.
You must realize, Vimeo charges a yearly fee to upload at 1080 and it takes some time to do it. I just found Utube converts too low , waste of time if you shoot in 1080. Just what I have seen, other here seem to get it to higher quality on UTube, maybe they can chime in.
This is all I know about it, learning as I go. First time trying anything like this.
On my video, click on vimeo, this takes you to the clip on vimeo. You can then watch full screen. Click on the HD and it switches HD on and off so you can see it in 720 (I think) and 1080. Big difference.
Dennis

Texan,

Here is one edited on Go Pro software using what they call 1970. Guess it is to look like it was filmed with 8mm film.

Dennis

[video]https://player.vimeo.com/video/99343478[/video]

Texan,
Here is one edited on Go Pro software using what they call 1970. Guess it is to look like it was filmed with 8mm film.
Dennis
like the footage, like the look ! Looks just about as flat as the Panhandle of Texas. Haha

I HAVE GOT to look at GoPro editing software. I've installed it, just haven't sat down and played with it.

Say, Dennis, is that your emergency brake you can hear rubbing in the one segment of the video?

o~\o

Say, Dennis, is that your emergency brake you can hear rubbing in the one segment of the video?

o~\o

Wondered who would pickup on that. I will be doing all new brakes soon, waiting on new front rotors. Rear brakes have had it.
Do a Google search on Go Pro editing, allot there to get you going. You will find you spend allot of time looking and learning. Me, time looking, learning very slow.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15_JWyO0xsrV-W-pYdFtBQ/videos
Dennis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back