getting into neutral

One thing that was not mentioned.....If the transmission is overfilled with oil it will be a bear to find neutral...especially when the bike is hot. I've heard a lot of great reviews on Redline Shockproof oil but my nearest Redline dealer is 70 miles away!!

How far is your computer for you? I order my redline on line. I live 100 miles away for everything, except rattlesnakes and mosquitos.

I have had my trike since May 2010 and have almost 10,000 miles on it. At first neutral was impossible; with each service it's gotten a bit better but has a mind of it's own, sometimes easy to find other times impossible, particularly when I want to go into reverse (always in front of a crowd of people). I use top of the line syn in my trans and the dealer just shrugs and says that's the deal and as the bike breaks in it will get easier. Does anyone with the same two wheel model have this problem? Why would it be specific to trikes?

It's not specific to trikes! IMHO, it's also one becoming familiar w/the somewhat "flick" of the heel/toe shifter vs. a "full shift" motion to find neutral. Although there is "wear in" involved as I have had 4new Hd's and all were somewhat hard to find neutral for just a few days. Also became even easier after switching over to Syn3!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back