From the "ARE YOU SERIOUS" realm.....

Apr 12, 2012
nowhere, usa
This was posted over on Facebook on one of the GWRRA pages. Is it any wonder that people have a hard time taking them seriously??......and, YES, it's a REAL patch..........for verification you can check out their home page here..... FL1G Home

DQ_PATCH_zps130aadff.jpg

I found it extremely amusing. I wouldn't WILLING wear that one either. And SOME people in the GWRRA wonder why they aren't taken seriously when attending other events.......:LordHelp:

They've got to be kidding,,,. There's no way in hell I'd wear that patch. :Whack:

Like Nana said,, each to their own.

Hey, when you live and ride in central Florida what else are you going to do. Look at their calendar; ride to eat. They have no "motorcycle" roads like us lucky riders so they are having fun with what they've got. More power to 'um. Keep having fun.

Strange then...when I was down in Florida I found some VERY interesting riding. Even avoiding a few 'gators along the way.

Hey, when you live and ride in central Florida what else are you going to do. Look at their calendar; ride to eat. They have no "motorcycle" roads like us lucky riders so they are having fun with what they've got. More power to 'um. Keep having fun.

Several years ago I was a member of both GWRRA and the local HOG chapter. It was always interesting observing the differences. On HOG rides they wanted to stop and every other bar and have a beer. On GWRRA rides they wanted to stop at every ice cream store on the route.

The culture of the two groups were very different. I had fun in both.

But I doubt that the HOG chapter went to the trouble of getting a sponsored patch made up for their beer runs......

I just find it amusing.....

Several years ago I was a member of both GWRRA and the local HOG chapter. It was always interesting observing the differences. On HOG rides they wanted to stop and every other bar and have a beer. On GWRRA rides they wanted to stop at every ice cream store on the route.

The culture of the two groups were very different. I had fun in both.

:wave4: :wave4:....Come on guys ,,,bet they get a discount on a big 'ol Banana Split and who wouldn't won't that ....ThumbUp ThumbUp

I would rather just ride.....I don't need a patch to advertise for DQ just to say I have been there......

But you are right. I no longer drink so the bar runs are far behind me. That's also the reason I do very few poker runs as well as they always seem to stop at bars for their draw cards.....

I'd rather ride with the DQ bunch then with the drinking HD bunch ThumbUp

Hey, I ride my HD to DQ every chance I can get. Don't have any back home. Only when I travel. Its the only stop me and the missus agree on. We both scream for ice cream.

Not knocking the Organization by any means, and I have lot of Friends that are Members, but last time I was at a GWRRA Event, I was handed a Booklet...one of the sections was titled "How to have fun at a GWRRA Event".......You need instructions on how to have Fun...?????...:Shrug:

I don't mind going to a bar. And I definitely am NOT going to ride next to anyone that's loaded. I still cannot understand why almost every poker run has to stop at mars. There ARE other businesses out there that would LOVE the patronage of numerous motorcycles coming in......

I hear you, I had to quit in 1985. It doesn't bother me to go to a bar or be with a group that does. But will not ride with those that had to much.

Now THAT'S just too funny..........

Not knocking the Organization by any means, and I have lot of Friends that are Members, but last time I was at a GWRRA Event, I was handed a Booklet...one of the sections was titled "How to have fun at a GWRRA Event".......You need instructions on how to have Fun...?????...:Shrug:

LOL! Now thats funny!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back