First impression of new Avon Cobra Trike front tire

Avon Trike Tire

Just installed one this morning. It will take several thousand miles before I have and opinion. I've heard a lot of good about it. It will be a year or so until I know what kind of millage I will get. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Hi everyone, I bought an Avon trike tire from Bikebandit.com and paid $125.95 with free shipping and two day delivery. It is for my 2012 Tri Glide size mt90b16.

Avon Cobra Trike Tire

I got back from Rolling Thunder this past Tuesday 5-31-16 after 2200 miles of riding on all types of roads and the Avon Cobra Trike Tire looks as good as new. I had no problems with it and it seemed to improve the handling of my 2012 Tri Glide. It is still early in the riding season so I will post again after another few thousand miles. So far, I am pleased. I bought it from Bike Bandit for $125 delivered.

I got back from Rolling Thunder this past Tuesday 5-31-16 after 2200 miles of riding on all types of roads and the Avon Cobra Trike Tire looks as good as new. I had no problems with it and it seemed to improve the handling of my 2012 Tri Glide. It is still early in the riding season so I will post again after another few thousand miles. So far, I am pleased. I bought it from Bike Bandit for $125 delivered.

Glad to hear it!

I just bought a Avon Trike tire for my Goldwing Motortrike Razor. Got it from<br />
American Motorcycle Tire for $146.28 and free shipping. Will mount it this week<br />
with dyna beads. I'll let ya'll know.

Avon tire

Just FYI had a set on my 1800 bike and liked them a lot. Nice to know they now have a specific trike tire. Sold my bike and we are looking at getting a used trike sometime in the next year. Just getting educated here and saving some cash.

Just FYI had a set on my 1800 bike and liked them a lot. Nice to know they now have a specific trike tire. Sold my bike and we are looking at getting a used trike sometime in the next year. Just getting educated here and saving some cash.

WELCOME "Future Triker"!

You must mean a set of Avon Cobra Bike Radials on your 1800? They are different.

When you do get the trike, whether 1500 or 1800 .... , what you want for it is a Avon Cobra TRIKE Radial on front, it will say "TRIKE" on it.

I know I sure love mine .... :D

Thanks Will do that for sure.

Will do that for sure.
WELCOME "Future Triker"!

You must mean a set of Avon Cobra Bike Radials on your 1800? They are different.

When you do get the trike, whether 1500 or 1800 .... , what you want for it is a Avon Cobra TRIKE Radial on front, it will say "TRIKE" on it.

I know I sure love mine .... :D

Had it installed today and then did a 30 miles test run. I'm impressed! The tire virtually removed all the "harshness" associated with the bias-belted, heavy walled, sport bike rear tire. Small, sharp road imperfections that used to rattle my windshield were gone. The larger ones softened dramatically. Yet the tire felt well planted to the road at all speeds up to 75 mph. It tracked well in both straight line and curves.

As it is brand new and not broken it I did not push it very hard today. I will do a follow up later on. Suffice it to say that at first glance I am very impressed with this baby. Avon may have really come through for us Gold Wing trikers.

Also, according to Avon the pressure should be between 40 - 42 psi. I ran it at 42 psi today and will keep it there until I put a few hundred miles on it. I will probably experiment with the 40 psi setting later.

I Just wanted to add my 2 cents into the evaluation of the new Avon Trike tire. I now have 1400 miles on the tire on an 8 week cross country trip and so far I’m really impressed. The comments I have heard about smoothing out the road expansion seam joints are absolute correct. In running this tire I have 42 PSI inflated, with a Super-Brace and Ride-On tire balancer and the ride is much smoother all around.
The handling is smooth and positive without any feeling of scrubbing the tire. The foot print is much wider and flatter that others I have tried and it tracks perfectly. Cannot give millage performance at this time but will after the trip is complete. My Trike is a 2012 GL1800 with a Lehman Monarch II kit, 5 degree rake angle

Good post, I'm another 'Ride On' user, in my Cobra trike tire. So far so good with both. Hope to get long mileage on this Cobra, if not, I'll try the MPA next time. I was quite satisfied with the BT45 (rear) on the front, could have gotten more miles, but changed it at 24K plus.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back