Father's day!!!!

I would like to wish all the father's here claimed or otherwise have a happy and restful day as possible. Remember without the Women in our lives we would never get to have the honor of being a Dad. Have a good day. :Shrug: Ride safe Fred

Thank you Fred....It was fun raising kids, And i couldn't of done it without the Wife...:clapping:

It's been a long time...

My Father went home 1990-91 it's been that long can't keep it straight any more. I still miss him like yesterday he was my dad, fishin buddy Goose huntin buddy, Deer huntin buddy, we did everything together accept... chase women and drink whiskey together (Mom would have beat us both for that), he would have no part of that anyways. You can't know the pain and empty feeling till you experience it. Only good thing I do know Dad and Mom are together again with neither have any pain or sorrow God has them together forever....

With it being Father’s Day my thoughts naturally begin to wax nostalgic. I couldn’t help thinking about my three Fathers. First, I am thankful for my Heavenly Father. I praise Him for his faithfulness and for sending Jesus to die on the cross to save me. Next, I thought of my biological father, who died when I was an infant. Then my mind began brimming over with memories of my “Dad”. My Mother and Stepfather married when I was fifteen. I was honored to be the best man at their wedding. Dad was a foot shorter than I and at least 150 pounds lighter, yet I always looked up to him. He was a great influence through my teenage years. I hope I have “inherited” some of his traits.

I built my first motorcycle back in the early seventies. Actually, a friend had given me a title and the parts for a 1965 Yamaha piled in three beer cases. That winter, I diligently put the bike together in the living room of our little row house in Philadelphia. Believe it or not, assembling it in the living room was wife Kathy’s idea. I was so proud of the finished product, I invited my Dad over to see it. (By this time, the Yamaha was in the garage.) You can imagine my surprise when Dad said that he wanted to buy it. The man had never ridden a motorcycle in his life! He told me that he really didn’t have any desire to be out on the open road with the wind in his face, he just wanted the bike out of my garage so I wouldn’t hurt myself. Well. I kept the Yamaha and eventually Dad softened to the idea of my having motorcycles. In fact, it was Dad who drove me to the shop whenever I got a new bike. Dad is home with the Lord now and these memories are indeed precious.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back