Electrical Connection LED Low Beams

56Elwood

250+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
Groveland Massachusetts USA
Just installed the EC Low Beams for the Red Baron. (2013 GL1800 Hannigan conversion). Other than sticking my large mitts into the not so large opening in the tunnel of the bike it was a pretty easy install. The pictures show LED low beam with one halogen low beam still in, the new EC LED's in place, LED low beams and stock high beams and finally the attachment point for the LED driver box. Nice, bright white color and the heat sinks didn't even feel warm after a 30 minute ride. I will see how they look when I drive in the dark to work tomorrow morning and if I can I will post a picture of the beam pattern. I'll be installing these on the two wheeler in the not too distant future. Not so for the high beams.

1 LED 1 Halogen.jpgEC LED's 1.jpgLED Low Beams Halogen Hi Beams.jpgDriver.jpg

I've read mixed comments on whether or not the housings for the goldwing are conducive with LED / HID bulbs.... and with that I mean with respect to how they project the lighting. Anyone have any information on this?

I think this is why Electrical connections is late to the game so to speak.

He realized that there was a problem with exactly why you are saying, in that a lot of LED lights did not thi the sweet spot on the reflector. thus making the light bright but not throwing that brightness down the road.

he waited until he could designa a bulb that would hit the sweet spot. In fact his bulbs have a small set screw to make minute adjustments to get it in the sweet spot. and they really perform

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back