TG Dragging Pipes

May 22, 2024
Dayton, Ohio
Good afternoon, l am new to trike talk and sure this is not a new problem. Recently had rinehart slim line duals and rinehart 4” slip on pipes on my 21 tri glide. The dealer said they cannot install the riser kit because of clearance issues with either the swing arm or frame. After talking with dealer and rinehart has no solution for the tip dragging on curbs and drive entrances. Getting tired of carrying a socket and ratchet in the tour pack. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A friend of mine said his dealer said a lift kit wouldn't work on his trike, I told him to buy the lift kit from DK and I would help install the lift kit, he did and we installed with no problem. The dealer is pretty good, not sure what the problem was but my friend is very happy with the lift kit and this was installed 2 years ago. I guess some dealers don't want to tackle putting a lift kit on so they say it won't work, go figure.

All for now Trampas

A friend of mine said his dealer said a lift kit wouldn't work on his trike, I told him to buy the lift kit from DK and I would help install the lift kit, he did and we installed with no problem. The dealer is pretty good, not sure what the problem was but my friend is very happy with the lift kit and this was installed 2 years ago. I guess some dealers don't want to tackle putting a lift kit on so they say it won't work, go figure.

All for now Trampas
Sounds like my dealer, thanks for the infp

I have a Lehman Renegade trike kit on my 1999 HD ultra
Would very much like to raise the rear end an inch or two
Anybody know any way to do this
Hi the principle behind this is to raise the rear shocks by creating a mounting hole about an inch higher then is there. I'm not familiar with your conversion, but take a look and see if you can make something to accomplish this on your conversion.

Sounds like my dealer, thanks for the infp

Give DK a call…They probably can help you out..!
I have been in contact with DK and they could not help.said they could not tell me whether their lift kit would fit or not..
I have actually purchased their comfort lift kit..have not ruled out a no fit but the bracket they sent me is not like the one on my Lehman kit.i also have a bracket from a 2013 tri glide and that one looks very similar to the comfort lift bracket.
The comfort kit has 4 holes in the bracket where as the bracket on my Lehman has only three.
I thought that since Harley used Lehman kits(at least that is what I was told) in the beginning then the comfort kit should fit.
I have not dissembled the shock assembly to check it fully but I did remove the rear wheel to have a look.two of the holes plus the shock look like they,might work but I do not know what the fourth hole is for.my Lehman bracket looks kinda like a shoe while the tri glide one looks more like a T

Hi the principle behind this is to raise the rear shocks by creating a mounting hole about an inch higher then is there. I'm not familiar with your conversion, but take a look and see if you can make something to accomplish this on your conversion.
Thanks for the post..I have a fabricator friend that’s going to take a look and see if there is anything that he thinks might work

Thanks for the post..I have a fabricator friend that’s going to take a look and see if there is anything that he thinks might work
I would think that maybe I would have to lower the hole or get a longer shock but that seems almost too easy
I was hoping that someone out there has found a solution to get
The rear end up a little and also put more pressure on the front wheel as my front end is a little wonky at very slow speed yet will track true even with cruise control at highway speeds.
I guess that there isn’t an easy solution as I’m sure that these issues were present when the kits were first used

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back