different springs and which one to chose

3W-lonerider

350+ Posts
Feb 18, 2008
Shippensburg, Pa
i'm getting a kawasaki voyager built and would like to know about the 3 different spings that can be installed, the first one will do 650 and the second one will do 775. but my question is which one to go with. my wife and i weigh about 500 togather. and the dealer i'm going with talked me into the middle spring. is this going to be a good option or should i go with the standard. the bike will never be loaded down with luggage, i have a trailer for that. i'm just afraid if i go with the middle one and i'm on by myself the ride is gonna be stiff and if i go with the lesser one that it will bottom out when you hit a dip in the road. iv'e talked to alot of goldwing riders and they say not to go with anything but the standard. can anybody answer this question please. i still have time to change it.

i'm getting a kawasaki voyager built and would like to know about the 3 different spings that can be installed, the first one will do 650 and the second one will do 775. but my question is which one to go with. my wife and i weigh about 500 togather. and the dealer i'm going with talked me into the middle spring. is this going to be a good option or should i go with the standard. the bike will never be loaded down with luggage, i have a trailer for that. i'm just afraid if i go with the middle one and i'm on by myself the ride is gonna be stiff and if i go with the lesser one that it will bottom out when you hit a dip in the road. iv'e talked to alot of goldwing riders and they say not to go with anything but the standard. can anybody answer this question please. i still have time to change it.

I'd suggest you go with the lower 650 lb spring and then have your dealer adjust the preload setting from there. Each spring can be adjusted from a preload setting of 100 to 800 lbs in increments of 100 lbs.

See the CSC pdf instructions below, scroll down to page 19 of 27.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/19...nloads/KRUZE TRIKE 4-17.pdf?ver=1569610610088

I'd suggest you go with the lower 650 lb spring and then have your dealer adjust the preload setting from there. Each spring can be adjusted from a preload setting of 100 to 800 lbs in increments of 100 lbs.

See the CSC pdf instructions below, scroll down to page 19 of 27.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/19...nloads/KRUZE TRIKE 4-17.pdf?ver=1569610610088

i will take your recommendation, and make sure i get the 650 lb spring. i pretty sure thats the standard one and they make one below that and above that. thank you for your response.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back