DFT

Feb 9, 2011
davison,MI.,USA
Well just finished rear brakes on my DFT/Fatboy. Not as bad as I thought it would be.:AGGHH:

have some pic's but not much to look at. Big thanks to DFT, put up with my calls and ?:blush:

I was surprised. The front were harder, I did the rear in 20 min after I got it up in the air. If the rotor ever goes looks like a B I T -- to remove.

I was surprised. The front were harder, I did the rear in 20 min after I got it up in the air. If the rotor ever goes looks like a B I T -- to remove.

You have to take it all apart -- body off, wheel, left drive shaft, split case, pull out diff., break your arms removing the pulley bolts. I had a diff. (they call a spool) go bad, and I could NOT break any of the rotor bolts loose. So, sent it all to DFT and they charged me a pittance for the repair. They are good people.

If I ever have to do this again, I will heat the bolts and use an impact wrench, which I didn't have back then.

The trike I own belonged to Rosa the CoOwner of DFT ( Leon's wife )
Leon checking out my trike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 124
Re: DFT brakes

How many miles do you average on the rear pads? Mine is apart now and I think I will just put new pads on it to be sure. Were you able to get to the caliper when the bike was in the air?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back