Crash bar for FW

Hello. Have a 2016 FW and have been advised to get a crash bar. Of course, I got confused... :) Planning for winter updates. Have seen nice looking bars but most have highway pegs built in. I wouldn't reach them! Then I see stereos hooked onto them and that got my attention and probably more interesting than a fairing. Any experiences and/or suggestions? Thanks!

Hello. Have a 2016 FW and have been advised to get a crash bar. Of course, I got confused... :) Planning for winter updates. Have seen nice looking bars but most have highway pegs built in. I wouldn't reach them! Then I see stereos hooked onto them and that got my attention and probably more interesting than a fairing. Any experiences and/or suggestions? Thanks!

You say “You” were advised to get a crash bar a.k.a. Case protectors “for what reason “ was that recommend for you?.. Case protectors do serve a purpose on Two wheel bikes with parking lot tip overs on a three wheeler it’s mostly cosmetic or to add foot pegs to stretch your feet out a little but unless you put lowers on them to protect you from wind and debris… like I said it mostly cosmetic..!

FW

Thank you!! It was the Harley Dealer who advised. What you say makes a lot of sense. That's why I post my questions here! Didn't have one on my conversion so I didn't understand. Thanks again!

"Then I see stereos hooked onto them and that got my attention and probably more interesting than a fairing."

I'd be interested to see some of those and see how you hook a stereo on a crash bar. Do you mean attach speakers to them? I'm confused and its not a very far trip.

"Then I see stereos hooked onto them and that got my attention and probably more interesting than a fairing."

I'd be interested to see some of those and see how you hook a stereo on a crash bar. Do you mean attach speakers to them? I'm confused and its not a very far trip.

Is it possible they were running lights and as a newbie she thought they were speakers..?

Is it possible they were running lights and as a newbie she thought they were speakers..?

Hi. There's full speakers that can be mounted and/or pods that are connected to your fairing receiver. I've been looking at fairings as well, just trying to decide and budget, of course. Got a picture off the advertisement for you, but most retail sellers have them. My neighbor has a TriGlide and has them. Great sound. Just trying to make the FW more fun than what it is. Been riding since early 70's, just got too weak in the legs for 2 and am having a great time with 3.

H
80-crash_bar_6x9_speaker_2b80f91d966e64ee0595c1cec135e49964854451.jpg

Hi. There's full speakers that can be mounted and/or pods that are connected to your fairing receiver. I've been looking at fairings as well, just trying to decide and budget, of course. Got a picture off the advertisement for you, but most retail sellers have them. My neighbor has a TriGlide and has them. Great sound. Just trying to make the FW more fun than what it is. Been riding since early 70's, just got too weak in the legs for 2 and am having a great time with 3.

H
80-crash_bar_6x9_speaker_2b80f91d966e64ee0595c1cec135e49964854451.jpg

I misunderstood your first post I thought you said there were speakers and no Fairings that’s what didn’t make sense to me..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back