Concealed Carry

Dude, at the scene of a shooting the decision whether it was justified is not made until reviewed by the prosecutor. LE on the scene had BETTER treat the shooter like a suspect until proven otherwise. The shooter had BETTER exercise his rights by seeking a lawyer and not making a statement without counsel. This isn't an expression of hatred for cops, merely a statement of the current situation. If you have to use deadly force, shut your mouth and get a lawyer. Any other course of action puts you are risk of incarceration. The cops need to treat you like a suspect. Any other course of action puts them at physical and legal risk as well.
i understand , and what you said in your last two sentences is what i was
implying, Dude. I also, have been thru this and was just trying to alert others but you have done it better than I can in explaining what should you do if the incident does happen to ones self.

Dude, at the scene of a shooting the decision whether it was justified is not made until reviewed by the prosecutor. LE on the scene had BETTER treat the shooter like a suspect until proven otherwise. The shooter had BETTER exercise his rights by seeking a lawyer and not making a statement without counsel. This isn't an expression of hatred for cops, merely a statement of the current situation. If you have to use deadly force, shut your mouth and get a lawyer. Any other course of action puts you are risk of incarceration. The cops need to treat you like a suspect. Any other course of action puts them at physical and legal risk as well.

:Agree:
Today's politically correct environment along with instantaneous camera phone video that seems to be everywhere nowadays, makes it virtually impossible for any one LEO to make a determination of guilt or innocence on the spot, at a crime scene.
He or she can try however, once a lawyer/DA has latched on, all bets are off...

i understand what you're saying but the problem is almost 100% of Democrats are anti-gun.
There's a democrat senator out of WV (Joe Manchin), that's 100% NRA and pro gun. But YES, he's about the only one. He's also pro coal. He's butted heads with the Obama administration ever since he came into office.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you say this? Not a correct statement at all.
At least not in the 2 departments I was a LEO for.
SOP is to secure all weapons, take statements and if it is evident the shoot was justified, there is no arrest.
Untrue statements like this are part of the reason for the way LEO's are perceived today and not appreciated by those of us that are/were on the job.
Rant over and you have a blessed day knowing the Thin Blue Line is there for you, no matter what you sayThumbUp
He is absolutely correct. Usually the only negative thing that happens is IF you have to use your weapon, it will be confiscated until after all investigation into the shooting is completed (at least in this area).

In that case, just make sure you have another weapon you can carry until your primary weapon is returned to you. Of course this is pretty much a repeat of what he said above.

This may be true in your jurisdiction. Is it true in NY, Boston, or Los Angeles? Further, at first response all safety minded police MUST treat the shooter as a suspect. Otherwise, why even secure the weapons? I'm sure you know many wise, experienced law enforcement officers. I know a few, but they are a dwindling breed. I'm running into more and more who are basically anti-gun or gun ignorant, and will treat you as a suspect. It does no harm and ensures your legal safety if you put off giving a full statement for several hours and consult with an attorney first. As far as misinformation creating a bad rep for law enforcement, there is some truth to that, however, there are many other factors involved such as asset forfeiture, the war on drugs, and LE often being simply wrong and wrong-headed. If you would like to discuss these issues further, feel free to PM me, but lets discuss with an open mind.

Some cops have a feeling its us [Cops] against them [Civilians]...
I carry a get out of jail card... And that will change a nasty cop into a friendly one... And i'm out of this Thread...

6-2 Charlie out.........:cxtv:

This may be true in your jurisdiction. Is it true in NY, Boston, or Los Angeles? Further, at first response all safety minded police MUST treat the shooter as a suspect. Otherwise, why even secure the weapons? I'm sure you know many wise, experienced law enforcement officers. I know a few, but they are a dwindling breed. I'm running into more and more who are basically anti-gun or gun ignorant, and will treat you as a suspect. It does no harm and ensures your legal safety if you put off giving a full statement for several hours and consult with an attorney first. As far as misinformation creating a bad rep for law enforcement, there is some truth to that, however, there are many other factors involved such as asset forfeiture, the war on drugs, and LE often being simply wrong and wrong-headed. If you would like to discuss these issues further, feel free to PM me, but lets discuss with an open mind.
Really! Because when you first arrive, the circumstances of the incident are unknown. That's why it's call securing the scene!

Really! Because when you first arrive, the circumstances of the incident are unknown. That's why it's call securing the scene!
Exactly.

And even the wisest LEO will treat a shooter as a 'suspect' at first. That's what questioning is for. Make darn sure that you completely cooperate with LEOs when they first arrive, especially if you still have your weapon on you.

Once the scene is secure, cooler heads usually prevail, especially if everybody is cooperating. Evidence at the scene will usually point to what is right. If you are in the right, you will really have nothing to fear. That being said, having an attorney on retainer is the wise thing to do.

Hope you never halfto use it �� However as I always say : better to have it and not need it than Need it and not have it !

I want to thank all those that informed me and whoever else about what may happen if you do have to use your weapon. (I knew it would bring afew of you off your chairs).:Coffee:

There's a democrat senator out of WV (Joe Manchin), that's 100% NRA and pro gun. But YES, he's about the only one. He's also pro coal. He's butted heads with the Obama administration ever since he came into office.

Joe Manchin is not pro-gun. He supports many gun control talking points.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back