Complete Horror!!!!!

I just bought my first trike this year.I found that my hiway pegs really helped me out a lot at the start .I had them set up to a length where when i went around corners i could just stiffen my leg a little an it made it very stable for me {i lost the feeling of sliding off the seat}Now it really makes no difference whether i use them or not it is just getting used to the different feel you get on a corner.I agree with the others that say give it 400 or 500 miles it will really get you more comfortable with the ride experience.

If you don't have one already, you might consider a rider backrest.
As you turn a trike you push with the outside arm and pull with the inside one, you are using your shoulder and back muscles, and to some extent even your legs, not only to steer but also to counteract the force of the bars wanting to return to the neutral straight ahead position.
With a backrest, you can push against it rather than using your back and shoulder muscles to stop your body from rotating in the seat. Having something to push against really does make turning easier.

(Note - something mounted to the trike itself, not a backrest that will complain that you are leaning on her too much or too hard. ;) )

Not only does a backrest reduce fatigue from tuning, it is also nice to lean back, put your feet up on the highway pegs and cruise along on those long highway pulls.

(1) Definetly make sure Your Trike doesn't have "excessive lean/side roll" during cornering. (2) Rake Kit (EZ Steer) is a definite plus when cornering, not...not only for ease of steering, but also much quicker corner transitioning (3) Look as far through a corner as possible (seriously), this will help waaaaay more than You can imagine to rid You of the dreaded "I'm gonna' be flung off" syndrome...;)...I tend to look even farther ahead in corners while on my Trike than when on my 2-wheelers (4) Practice, Practice, Practice, we've all been there, it will get better.....ThumbUp :Dorag:

*****THIS JUST IN*****AMERICANBADASS GROWS A NEW SET-AND MANS UP-he put 6 miles on the terror trike today and is not whinning about it!!!!! Still waiting for my rake kit, and am looking forward to it. This whole experience has put me back on two wheels- much more relaxing, and if I drop the sumabeaotch-I will just pick her back up!!!ThumbUp:Trike1::D:wave4:
ps-where the hell is memnoch when you need him?????:Shrug:

americanbadass, I'm 305 myself. Try this, go over to a parking lot tomorrow and starting at slow speed riding circles. As you start getting a little used to it,pick up the speed. It will be difficult to keep a tight circle as you go faster. I was able to work up to about 18 mph holding on like hell (your circle will get bigger as you pick up speed). Do it left and right. This exercise also helped my wife become more comfortable on theback. After I did this process it made a big difference for me on the road. There are other Trike Riding tips on this forum. Like they say, in 500 miles you will feel just fine! Ride Safe!

This may sound like a load of crap but try going in circles or do figure eights using only one hand, usually the right-hand and put your left hand in your pocket . I found that this helped me out the most , do it in a parking lot of course and only five or 10 miles an hour is fine.
If you tip it over give me a call I'll help you pick it up<LOL>

This may sound like a load of crap but try going in circles or do figure eights using only one hand, usually the right-hand and put your left hand in your pocket . I found that this helped me out the most , do it in a parking lot of course and only five or 10 miles an hour is fine.
If you tip it over give me a call I'll help you pick it up<LOL>

Thanks-John, your support means a lot-I might be calling you!!!!!:D:D:D

You will get the hang of it. My wife and I were considering a trike and rode to Motortrike in Texas to do a demo ride. It was the worst day of my life. I just knew I wanted one till I rode it. For the next year I wrestled with the idea of giving up biking (bad knees) or going trike. Found one for sale (older lady) that let us spend every Saturday afternoon on it for months before we bought it. It did take a while to get used to it but now, we wouldn't ride anything else.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back