Chat Room

Just got home this afternoon, been out since 8/26, looking forward to some R&R. Thanks to all you Vet's out there!!!!

Good Evening. I failed to look here in the chat room for a thread on thanking our veterans. I opened my mouth in the general info area. I'm sorry about that. I too am a vet and really appreciate the thanks we get for the job we've done. I was fortunate to have barely escaped the lottery back in the early 70's. It ended just before I would have been called up. I joined the Navy in June of '74, partly (in my mind to fulfill a family debt??) (My dad was in a critical trade, tool and die maker, about Korea time) So he was deferred. So I thought I would go and do my part for my family's sake. As it turned out, I had a very good tour, half in Norfolk on a harbor tug and the remainder as a "Plank-owner" on board a "Spruance Class Destroyer" I went with my retiring First Class Petty Officer to Washington D.C. to visit his friend before he got out of the Navy. Come to find out he was a "detailer" He had orders that needed filling and personal needing to have a new assignment. By the time I left, I had orders cut to my liking! I knew my billet, bunk and job assignment!! Most sailors don't even know what coast they're going to!! We put the U.S.S. Elliot DD-967 into commission in 1976. Crazy, It's already been decommissioned and sank as an artificial reef near Australia! It was brand new just a few years ago!!! Wow how time flies! Anyway I just want to thank the current batch of vets that have had a rougher assignment than I did. And also the Vets that came before me for they had rough sledding both during and ESPECIALLY after being discharged from their service. It is because of this younger group of Vets ( IMHO) that ALL Vets are getting a little acknowledgement for their service. It took an act of terror here in our homeland to finally see what great things our military can do. The amazing things of WWI & WWII that our guys did will only be remembered in books, news reels and photos as that generation slowly fades away. The pride of that generation,coming home, is fading from our memories. But this newest generation of Vets has much to be proud of and is being honored for their service. I feel honored to be included in their company. I've not intentionally left any branch or era of Veteran out of this posting. I've just tried to capture a few thoughts of mine and write them down and share them with all of you.
Thank You for reading this,
EN3 L Gill
1974-77

Hey Bozo, I'll have a French Crawler if you are making donuts! Yum Yum! Sorry to say, I had two yesterday for our Veteran's Golf Outing. They were very good.
Hope TT Land has a great day!

Rosy

Packing up the Stallion on Friday, and headed down to Key West for the weekend. Big Dog, and maybe Miles's, are due some R & R......Let the good times roll!! To bad Ted will be busy up in Homestead, with the NASCAR crowd, oh well. I'll have a good time with out see him.

Any other TT members around in the Key's?

To all vets,I salute you.
Just chillin' down in Miami. Finished a job early today. Then it all comes flying my way. Shooting up to Tampa tomorrow. Then down to Dominican Republic Thursday. Hopefully back home by Friday night. Emergencies everywhere.

Zook, I have to ask, what is it that you do, if you care to share.

To all vets,I salute you.
Just chillin' down in Miami. Finished a job early today. Then it all comes flying my way. Shooting up to Tampa tomorrow. Then down to Dominican Republic Thursday. Hopefully back home by Friday night. Emergencies everywhere.[/QUOTE

Zook, I have to ask, what is it that you do, if you care to share.
Aside from calling me Zook. I am a Senior Field Service Engineer. My company makes balancing machines (think tire balancer, but for jet engines and other rotating parts). I recertify equipment yearly, train and repair/troubleshoot. Machine dead in Dominican Republic. Just sitting on plane now for a quick overnight there. As long as I am home for weekends, the wife and cat like the peace and quiet.

Day saved. Republica de Dominica rejoices. I thought my supervisor was joking about watching out for snow Friday on LI. Apparently a small amount is forecast for tonight.
Just to cool down, off to Kenosha, WI next week.
Did I mention these drivers are insane down here? Skilled, but insane. Lots of small M/C's here also. The weird thing is, they either wear full helmets or no helmets. I don't think I saw anything bigger than 250cc. I saw HD dealer and hear they lurk outside city. I had a driver. Wish I had a helmet the way he drove.:qpnmt:

We got a dusting last night. All roads are clear for traveling, so that's great for the working class.
37F right now.
Have a great Friday!

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back