Brake pedal is in awkward possession

paid4c4

300+ Posts
Mar 28, 2016
Crestview Hills, KY, USA
This past week I had the pleasure of putting a thousand miles on my 2012 GL1800 CSC trike. One of the annoying things on my trike is the possession of the rear brake pedal. I have to crunch my foot into an unnatural possession to use the brake. My HD's all had brake pedals in front of my foot with a bid pedal like a car pedal. I see there are a number of extensions and optional pedals offered from the aftermarket. I'm looking for suggestions and ideas.

I have replaced the OEM foot pegs with floor boards. However the brake pedal is still uncomfortable with the OEM foot peg. What the photo of my foot on the brake pedal doesn't show is the fact my leg is bent backwards from my knee instead of my lower leg being forward.

Bill

IMG_0760.jpgIMG_0761.jpg

Do you have large feet? I friend of mine can't ride a wing since he wears size 16 shoes. That and a long inseam makes it impossible for him to operate Wing brakes and shifting lever.

With Floorboards, a brake pedal always worked best with a "heel rest" I found. You ride with feet on the floor board, you can still jump on the brake if need be in a hurry, but if anticipating a slow down or stop and wanting to better control application pressure, placing the heel on a higher rest helped greatly.

Attachments

• DSCI0027 (800x551).jpg
    DSCI0027 (800x551).jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 74

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back