Bluetooth

Oct 4, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois
I have a question for the Bluetooth users. Wife and I are going Bluetooth next season and going with the sena brand. We are having a dealer install them but would like to know a couple things in advance. For the wife’s setup I know I need a power supply for the free wire. How will I get the xm radio to her freeware so she can her the xm? I’m sure the installer will help with this but I want to be ready to go so that all that needs done is make connections. Any and all assistance welcomed. TIA.

Freewire has its own battery just like the headsets so no it doesn't have to wired in.If she is not going to be talking on the cb then the freewire may not be needed.I know nothing about XM radio but if it outputs bluetooth you pair directly to it.I also thing there are dongles available to make it send bluetooth.

From Sena the freewire or sr10 with connect with a wire to your XM and transmit to your headset.I assume you will use the Senas to communicate with each other.You will want them paired to each other and not the Honda intercom.Dealers seem to push Freewire but all its does is enable connection to the Honda radio/cb and also allow you to talk on the cb through it.

The ability to use the cb is what makes the Freewire special.SR10 will allow your to hear only.I know i've talked a bit of a circle here but knowing exactly what your expectations are and the capabilities of your XM would help simplify the answer.Also there really is no install to it if you wish to run a charging cable that would be it.Everything else is paring things in the right order and getting the settings right and I doubt most dealers know much about it.I know one that doesn't.

Freewire has its own battery just like the headsets so no it doesn't have to wired in.If she is not going to be talking on the cb then the freewire may not be needed.I know nothing about XM radio but if it outputs bluetooth you pair directly to it.I also thing there are dongles available to make it send bluetooth.From Sena the freewire or sr10 with connect with a wire to your XM and transmit to your headset.I assume you will use the Senas to communicate with each other.You will want them paired to each other and not the Honda intercom.Dealers seem to push Freewire but all its does is enable connection to the Honda radio/cb and also allow you to talk on the cb through it.The ability to use the cb is what makes the Freewire special.SR10 will allow your to hear only.I know i've talked a bit of a circle here but knowing exactly what your expectations are and the capabilities of your XM would help simplify the answer.Also there really is no install to it if you wish to run a charging cable that would be it.Everything else is paring things in the right order and getting the settings right and I doubt most dealers know much about it.I know one that doesn't.

The dealer I’m going to use is cyclegear in Chicago,one of their locations. I am going to buy the units there and they have free install to get you going. If not mistaken the free wire has plugins for what isn’t Bluetooth. Not interested in pairing our phones just need to get cord for the xmradio. It isn’t Bluetooth. Helmets sync to each other as well as another bike by Bluetooth. I think it will only take a splitter to get xm to her headset.

Just ask Cycle Gear. They installed my Cardo unit & know what they are doing.

If your a Veteran, they will also give you a 10% discount.

The dealer I’m going to use is cyclegear in Chicago,one of their locations. I am going to buy the units there and they have free install to get you going. If not mistaken the free wire has plugins for what isn’t Bluetooth. Not interested in pairing our phones just need to get cord for the xmradio. It isn’t Bluetooth. Helmets sync to each other as well as another bike by Bluetooth. I think it will only take a splitter to get xm to her headset.

Freewire or Sr10 should do what your talking about.Freewire is probably the better long term choice.Sounds like you have a good plan.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back