Bike to work???

I ride my Cheetah to work, to buy groceries, to wash cloths. I let the inspection on my van expire for two months without realizing it. Your situation may be different from mine. Everybody rides differently. Its all about how you feel. Not about anyone else. Ride to enjoy.

We own a four year old Ford Expedition (only 4-wheeler) that has a grand total of 23K and change on the odometer. Either I stay home a lot (NOT) or ride the Wing as much as possible.

If the streets aren't slippery I ride. Just that simple. ThumbUp ThumbUp ThumbUp

I trike/bike to work almost every day if it isn't raining. I'm lucky it only 3 -12 miles to work. I have two work locations, same company. I put more miles on the trike/bike in the last 12 years than my truck.... 99 Dodge Ram @ 40K. The ride is my mental transition from home to work and back, it helps me unwind. I'm using the Stallion most of the time now and rarely do I make the commute without something or someone putting a smile on my face when they see the Stallion. I always get a couple thumbs up and my biggest fan is Mister Pickle. Not sure who he is but he always points and waves. I'm sure he is getting paid to wave at people but he makes me laugh to.

If I am in office I go with 2 or 3 wheels year 'round in almost all weather. Light snow, still trike. Deep snow, then 4x4 truck (maybe). Also take trike on business trips that are within 6-8 hrs. Judging by the 19,000 miles on trike and 5,000 miles on truck in last year, I seem to be doing alright. I blame my wife for most of those truck miles. Good thing she can't read this. I'm pretty brave typing from over 1000 miles from home.:Joker3:

My ride to work is 18 miles round trip and I ride every day, I really dont watch the weather, figure I wont melt if I get wet. I can retire, but I come and go as I please, so no reason to retire yet, lol.

:):):)I ride to work now and then. I teach at the local university, and in some semesters I have late classes, which can mean that I'm coming home in early evening thunderstorms, which I obviously want to avoid. But if it's possible, I love being able to jump on the trike and ride home--great decompression therapy!

Also, if I'm careful not to attract the attention of campus police, I can park next to my building, which is a nice bonus when my classes end after dark.

Having said all that, I hope to join the ranks of you retired people next year, so the phrase "riding to work" will lose all meaning for me. :wtg:

I work about 7 miles from home, and rode to work when the weather was good the last couple weeks of school. My students loved seeing my trike, and one little girl tried on my helmet. My 4th and 5th graders asked a lot of questions, and one said at first she couldn't believe that "her principal" rides a motorcycle.

Work is 56 miles round trip, and out of office meetings/trainings can be several hundred miles away with some overnights involved. In good weather I will take the two wheeler (57 mpg) and in inclement weather (or if I have to carry a lot of "stuff") I will take the trike (32 mpg). If I am working my other job (kayak insturctor) it's the pick-up truck as I have to haul boats to the venue. Even in heavy traffic riding to work is always more enjoyable than driving. Gives me time to clear the head and be more relaxed by the time I get to my destination.

Not sure if there is any cost savings involved (probably not with the expense of maintaining all the vechiles), but like most I ride because of the smiles it brings.

Most days when the forecast is 50% or less for rain.
It is only 36 miles round trip to my first job, 2 miles to my second job.

I would like to retire again someday.:pray:

Work! Bike to Work! No way! I'm retired.

However, I do ride the trike just about everywhere I go - weather permitting - be it 35 miles to see my PT, 40 miles to see the Doc and ditto for Commissary and Exchange.

Even if the Shadow wasn't giving me 41+ MPG (car is 26 MPG) I'd still ride it all over the place.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back