Bike Lift

what you do is remove the square lift bar on the left side...then replace it with 2... 1 1/2"..angle iron ...one on each side of the lift arm...you must drill holes in the angle iron to match the bar you just took off...bolt it on ..dont tighten too much so they can move....
Tony

I used a simple Sears Craftsman to get mine up but boy was that sketchy! I have photos in an album on here. I looked at the Pitbull model at the big bike show we just went to, $400 at the show for the basic, manual lift. Never mentioned an adapter though. Which part of the trike does the adapter support? Fore or aft?

Rob
The adapter sits just behind the exhaust crossover.. See the pics I posted awhile back.
It shows where the adapter is resting on the rear swing arm

AHhhhh, gotta make myself one of those! The problem I had was you couldn't get the jack far enough aft to balance the scoot. Both of my stock jacks (Harbor Freight and Sears) would have to use the exhaust pipes for the rear lift point and I didn't want to do that. Damn near bought a lift table but wife started nagging about garage space.

The problem I had was you couldn't get the jack far enough aft to balance the scoot

I had the same problem. I think that's why msocko (I believe) sunk eye bolts into the garage floor to attach straps to. I didn't want to go that route so I used tie downs attached to the front or forward leg of the jack and the lower part of the crash bars. This pulled the front of the trike down as it raised it up. Not the best way to do it though, that's for sure and it took a while to get the straps to just the right length to get it level. Once I had it up I put a jack stand under the reverse gear protector to take the pressure off the straps.

I hated the whole thing, but figured it was my only way at the time.

Rob

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back