BBQ run

Gone2Three

I have a knife addiction..
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2016
Pflugerville, Tx
So we've been dodging this crazy weather pattern here in central Texas... All this rain ain't typical here in August. I'm grateful no doubt but ready for a small break.My buddy Dave (in picture) who's still cruising on 2 joined me for a BBQ run to Lockhart Tx. Enjoyed the day and the great food here at this BBQ destination town. There's a handful of places to choose from, but today we were feeling Black's

Attachments

• 20160606_133520_HDR-1.jpg
    20160606_133520_HDR-1.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 247
So we've been dodging this crazy weather pattern here in central Texas... All this rain ain't typical here in August. I'm grateful no doubt but ready for a small break.My buddy Dave (in picture) who's still cruising on 2 joined me for a BBQ run to Lockhart Tx. Enjoyed the day and the great food here at this BBQ destination town. There's a handful of places to choose from, but today we were feeling Black's

Oh you rats!!!!!! :gah::Trike1:

It's too far for us to reach just for a jaunt!

Born at Georgetown and raised in San Antonio ..... I know all about Lockhart BBQ.

One of these days we'll be back down there and just camp out for a few days going from one BBQ place to another at Lockhart!

West Texas really lacks any GOOD BBQ joints.

Of course once one has experienced REALLY GREAT BBQ down there it's hard for anything else to live up to it. Sigh....

Oh you rats!!!!!! :gah::Trike1:

It's too far for us to reach just for a jaunt!

Born at Georgetown and raised in San Antonio ..... I know all about Lockhart BBQ.

One of these days we'll be back down there and just camp out for a few days going from one BBQ place to another at Lockhart!

West Texas really lacks any GOOD BBQ joints.

Of course once one has experienced REALLY GREAT BBQ down there it's hard for anything else to live up to it. Sigh....

:AGGHH: Man, I'm sure glad I didn't post any pictures of our delicious mouth watering 3 meat plate with all the fixings �� Lol...Yes, the BBQ gods are smiling on us here in central Texas! We have less than an hours drive in about any direction to some of the best darn pit joints around. We have Saltlick in Driftwood, Taylor has the renowned Louie Mueller Barbecue, Elgin Tx, Myers and Southside Market and we can't forget about Austin's famous Franklin's (Amazing!) definitely worth the time to make a trip down and do the BBQ crawl!!! If your in our neck of the woods, give us a shout and we'll go grab a plate! P.s. I also grew up in SA, off of E. Southcross and S Presa St :wave4:

:AGGHH: Man, I'm sure glad I didn't post any pictures of our delicious mouth watering 3 meat plate with all the fixings 😀 Lol...Yes, the BBQ gods are smiling on us here in central Texas! We have less than an hours drive in about any direction to some of the best darn pit joints around. We have Saltlick in Driftwood, Taylor has the renowned Louie Mueller Barbecue, Elgin Tx, Myers and Southside Market and we can't forget about Austin's famous Franklin's (Amazing!) definitely worth the time to make a trip down and do the BBQ crawl!!! If your in our neck of the woods, give us a shout and we'll go grab a plate! P.s. I also grew up in SA, off of E. Southcross and S Presa St :wave4:

We were off of San Pedro across from the airport runway 1-2 right.
Hope you get to come to Kerrville meet in early October.

:AGGHH: Man, I'm sure glad I didn't post any pictures of our delicious mouth watering 3 meat plate with all the fixings 😀 Lol...Yes, the BBQ gods are smiling on us here in central Texas! We have less than an hours drive in about any direction to some of the best darn pit joints around. We have Saltlick in Driftwood, Taylor has the renowned Louie Mueller Barbecue, Elgin Tx, Myers and Southside Market and we can't forget about Austin's famous Franklin's (Amazing!) definitely worth the time to make a trip down and do the BBQ crawl!!! If your in our neck of the woods, give us a shout and we'll go grab a plate! P.s. I also grew up in SA, off of E. Southcross and S Presa St :wave4:

Seems everybody is proud of their local establishments they tend to put them up there with the best. Being from Ky. I know there are some very fine joints around this state. Although not my favorite mutton is very popular in West KY.

What is it that makes people stand in line for several hours for a plate of Franklins Bar b que?

Seems everybody is proud of their local establishments they tend to put them up there with the best. Being from Ky. I know there are some very fine joints around this state. Although not my favorite mutton is very popular in West KY.

What is it that makes people stand in line for several hours for a plate of Franklins Bar b que?

Can't possibly describe just how good it is, the brisket is probably the best I've ever had...and as it should be...(You wait for what seems to be forever and you pay the big bucks for it, thanks you hipsters) But honestly, you just had to try it to see why everone else is raving about it. There is a great article in Texas monthly that goes into detail on this phenomenon.it's kind of like a big tailgate party, with some great BBQ as the main attraction.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/list/the...klin-barbecue/ would I stand in line again? Probably...but only when we have friends come from in asking tell me about this Franklin's place. Also, not sure about the mutton as well, think I'll pass as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't possibly describe just how good it is, the brisket is probably the best I've ever had...and as it should be...(You wait for what seems to be forever and you pay the big bucks for it, thanks you hipsters) But honestly, you just had to try it to see why everone else is raving about it.

There is a great article in Texas monthly that goes into detail on this phenomenon.it's kind of like a big tailgate party, with some great BBQ as the main attraction.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/list/the...klin-barbecue/ would I stand in line again?

Probably...but only when we have friends come from in asking tell me about this Franklin's place.

Also, not sure about the mutton, think I'll pass as well.

I am not an expert on Texas BBQ as we are only winter texans. We hang out in the Hill Country and like the Two Fat Guys in Camp Wood, Coopers in Mason or Cranky Franks in Fredricksburg. How do they compare to Franklins and Blacks?

When running down I-10, at Junction we like to stop at Lum's BBQ in Junction.

Cooper's on the interstate at Junction is GROSS!

We don't care for Cooper's at Mason either. We used to get to Mason at least 2 weekends out of 4 for years, but have slowed down on travel...maybe this Cooper's has improved in the last year or so.

Cooper's at Llano is the original Cooper's and is ok but is a long line wait just about all the time.

Last year at the OCtober Kerrville trike meet we stopped at a BBQ joint in Kerrville which was really good - don't remember the name of it but it was next door to a VFW Hall which appeared to be closed and the building for sale I think. It was a really popular place, you ate together with other folks wherever there was an empty space at the tables. Everyone was super friendly and was a truly relaxed atmosphere. We really enjoyed it all. PLan to stop again come this October meet.

Was able to google the Kerrville BBQ joint..it's called Bill's BBQ and website says it is the oldest BBQ joint in Kerrville. 1909 Junction Hwy, Kerrville Tx

p.s...that was an old Elks Club next door, not VFW.

I am not an expert on Texas BBQ as we are only winter texans. We hang out in the Hill Country and like the Two Fat Guys in Camp Wood, Coopers in Mason or Cranky Franks in Fredricksburg. How do they compare to Franklins and Blacks?

20150628_124747 (3).jpg20150628_124939 (2).jpg

We were in Kerrville last year for a group ride of the Three sisters, one of our destination stops was at the Two fat boys BBQ place for lunch. The brisket and ribs were decent, good flavor and texture... Michele had the turkey and sausage. Overall it was all good, but nothing to say wow about... The price was right on for the amount of food you get. It looked to be a local motorcycle hang out/meeting place for the Gypsies MC chapter (colors and pictures were posted on the walls) we haven't been to the others you mentioned, but will put that on our must try list... Cranky Franks is fairly close for a day trip so that will be our first destination. :pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back