Arm Rests for the B.O.B., recommendations?

JonC

5+ Posts
Jun 13, 2023
Lakeland
My wife is only 5 foot tall and tiny in her other dimensions. She says she is comfortable in the passenger seat but not real sure when we are making turns. I suggested arm rests for her and she went on line to listen to other passengers who have armrests and she said she liked the idea. Went to the local HD dealer and talked to them about armrests. They showed me the HD product and told me what they had to do to secure them. $400 for the armrests and 4 hours of labor to install them, in total a little over a grand to put them on.

Has anybody used the HD product and also had secondary market products? Pro’s and Con’s to both?

2023 Tri Glide Ultra.

I have looked at Rivco and Kuryakyn and others but not real sure of the stability of them because they are only attached to the TourPak Speaker bolts. At least the HD units are attached to the Trunk and then further stabilized by the TourPak anchoring system.

Any help would be appreciated.

My wife is only 5 foot tall and tiny in her other dimensions. She says she is comfortable in the passenger seat but not real sure when we are making turns. I suggested arm rests for her and she went on line to listen to other passengers who have armrests and she said she liked the idea. Went to the local HD dealer and talked to them about armrests. They showed me the HD product and told me what they had to do to secure them. $400 for the armrests and 4 hours of labor to install them, in total a little over a grand to put them on.

Has anybody used the HD product and also had secondary market products? Pro’s and Con’s to both?

2023 Tri Glide Ultra.

I have looked at Rivco and Kuryakyn and others but not real sure of the stability of them because they are only attached to the TourPak Speaker bolts. At least the HD units are attached to the Trunk and then further stabilized by the TourPak anchoring system.

Any help would be appreciated.

My wife is 5'2" and just 110 pounds. She too is very comfortable in the seat (actually has extra room.

Here is my suggestion.

1. make sure the footrest meets her heights. Tell her - on left turns push down on the right rest. On right turn, push down on the left rest.

2. Do you have a backrest; I do. While she never really holds it, she said when she started on the trike, it gave her some comfort.

You can also check out this part number. Part Number: 52400090

Good luck

My wife is 5'2" and just 110 pounds. She too is very comfortable in the seat (actually has extra room.

Here is my suggestion.

1. make sure the footrest meets her heights. Tell her - on left turns push down on the right rest. On right turn, push down on the left rest.

2. Do you have a backrest; I do. While she never really holds it, she said when she started on the trike, it gave her some comfort.

You can also check out this part number. Part Number: 52400090

Good luck

Already have the grab rail on the trike, came with it. I thought about the backrest, as one of the other “Passenger Comfort” threads mentioned their passenger felt better when it was installed on their seat. The backrest is on my wish list, it may have just been moved up higher.

HD brand

I have a 2020 TG and had the dealer install the HD brand arm rests. I removed the OEM grab iron. Love how the arm rests open and you can stash stuff in there. Wife loves them also. Conveniently slide out of the way. Arm rests=$359. Labor=$315. That was in 2020. I would do it myself next time. But at the time I was to afraid to mess with a brand new motorcycle.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back