Any ideas for a better rear tire on FLRT freewheelers?

So far I am ok with the dunlops that are on the trike.

I just know however that there has got to be a better tire out there. I want something with more grip in wet , icy, snowy, conditions without giving up dry weather handling. If you watch the load rating could you use a car tire with superior grip as long as you have the specs correct. Any reasons why you should NOT run a car tire on the rear? Newb here to trikes just figuring all this stuff out. Thank you for your time.

Any all weather radial tire is good, as long as you use the OEM size. Being you want something to use in snow, then anticipate for the chain size, as it will hit the fenders. ➿ Personaly I like when the ass kicks out. Just twist the throttle and let her rip - Heeeee Haaaaa !

The rear tires are car tires. My Champion has Dunlop 205/70r/15.

I'm running 205/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sports on our Hannigan.

- - - Updated - - -

So far I am ok with the dunlops that are on the trike.

I just know however that there has got to be a better tire out there. I want something with more grip in wet , icy, snowy, conditions without giving up dry weather handling. If you watch the load rating could you use a car tire with superior grip as long as you have the specs correct. Any reasons why you should NOT run a car tire on the rear? Newb here to trikes just figuring all this stuff out. Thank you for your time.

Your Freewheeler has car tires on it,now.

I run 22 psi in my stock Dunlops. I will switch to Goodyear Comfortreads next. They have a nice soft sidewall and I expect to get the same smooth ride while having a higher than 22 psi pressure in them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back