Another panhard rod question

Rogue1

400+ Posts
Oct 8, 2018
Ramseur NC USA
I have a question for those in the know out there concerning the panhard rod. I've been reading about what ends to buy and issues different people have had with it. I decided to check mine after hearing a little bit of a chunk when I rock it back and forth. So I put it up in the lift, took the wheels off and from the passenger side I can Chuck it up and down and end-to-end. I don't know if it's supposed to be tight in the clamp it's mounted on or if this is normal. I never checked it before so I don't know what it was like new. If I have to change it I'm going to change it with the body on. Or at least attempt it.

Pan hard bars are to move freely up n down . That’s why there is a ball joint on the ends . Watts linkage is a double pan hard , mostly for racing .. Both prevent any side motion of the straight axle .

Pan hard bars are to move freely up n down . That’s why there is a ball joint on the ends . Watts linkage is a double pan hard , mostly for racing .. Both prevent any side motion of the straight axle .

So if I get your drift, a tiny bit of up and down movement is okay but there should be NO lateral movement.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back