A Quick & Easy Cruise Control Diagnostic Check-No Tools Required!

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
A Quick & Easy Cruise Control Diagnostic Check-No Tools Required!

I learned a nice & easy way to test your cruise control circuit. I will link to a video at the end.

1. Make sure your kill switch is off.

2. Turn on your ignition switch.

3. Push your CC switch in to activate the amber speedo indicator.

4. Hold down your CC switch like you would to set it & flip the kill switch to run.

Your CC indicator will be amber & when you engage your clutch, front or rear brake or roll your throttle forward, the indicator light changes to green, signaling that that switch is functioning properly and all is well. I tested it on my 2017 Freewheeler & it worked great

Very cool.

[video]https://www.fixmyhog.com/video/harley-cruise-control-diagnostics-012749/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=A6136&vsoid=A6 136[/video]

My 16 is doing the same thing when I ran the codes it came up rear brake light switch and BCM. Bought the switch then changed my mind as to change it the entire exhaust has to be removed.

I learned a nice & easy way to test your cruise control circuit. I will link to a video at the end.

1. Make sure your kill switch is off.

2. Turn on your ignition switch.

3. Push your CC switch in to activate the amber speedo indicator.

4. Hold down your CC switch like you would to set it & flip the kill switch to run.

Your CC indicator will be amber & when you engage your clutch, front or rear brake or roll your throttle forward, the indicator light changes to green, signaling that that switch is functioning properly and all is well. I tested it on my 2017 Freewheeler & it worked great

Very cool.

[video]https://www.fixmyhog.com/video/harley-cruise-control-diagnostics-012749/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=A6136&vsoid=A6 136[/video]

Yes it was one of the first things I did but thanks for sending your post.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back