9/11/01... Never forget!

I had this sent to my email yesterday by a friend in Oregon. I did asterisk out anything about actual location just for the senders privacy. Just passing it on...

I have no idea where this came from or if it's in fact, true! Having worked closely with the ********** Fire & Rescue (**FR) for over 14 years here in ******** in emergency radio communications, I'll presume it is true. To remember, is to honor!"Saw a pretty amazing thing tonight at the gym. This firefighter was on the stair climber in full equipment, including his mask and oxygen tank. After about a half hour, I saw him finishing and taking his gear off so I went over to tell him how much I respected what he was doing. I figured he was training for a firefighter exam, but when I commented on it, he exclaimed, "110 floors! Took me 30 minutes, 10 seconds." 110 floors... OMG. It's September 11 and he had just climbed the equivalent of 110 floors like the firefighters did in the World Trade Center. Apparently, this is a tradition that many firefighters do to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty that day. It's a helluva tribute!"

xAGmbi.jpg

If true, this is a wonderful tribute.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back