2nd annual halloween in the hill country ride

rider canceled, as non refundable room

we just had a rider cancel from the halloween hill country ride and his room is non refundable, if you want a k/s non smoking then pm me and i will give you the rider's info and you can take his room

thursday oct 27

we are up to 6 people for the thursday ride, most will be getting in to late to ride that day and will be riding with us friday

we have 30 people signed up for the sat ride and almost the same amount for friday,

if you want to ride thursday pm me.

THE Thursday RIDE
MASON DOSS HARPER RIDE ( this ride might change up a bit)
Leave shell station IH hwy10 and Sidney baker at 9am. Take 16 south, to 98 Left turn;(Thompson drive)
Left turn on 27 go to FM 479 right turn; take 479 to 290 turn right, and then left on 385 to yates tx (almost) turn right on 1871 to Mason; then turn right on 87 south. Take that to FM 783 SOUTH (RIGHT TURN) DOWN TO DOSS; BREAK AT DOSS (THERE IS A GAS STATION THERE) CONTINUE ON 783 SOUTH TO HARPER. AND STILL ON 783 TO KERRVILLE. (APPROX 160 MILES) dinner at the cracker barrel in Kerrville tx. (not sure exact time)) everyone that registered I will call as we get close to town my cell is 210-269-5218

THE FRIDAY RIDE
THE LLANO RIDE
WE LEAVE THE SHELL STATION AT 9AM AND HEAD NORTH ON 16 TO FREDERICKSBURG AND ON TO WILLOW CITY LOOP. WE END UP BACK ON 16 AND HEAD INTO LLANO TX. WE TURN LEFT ON 29 AND A COUPLE HUNDRED YARDS ON THE LEFT IS COOPERS BBQ WHERE WE WILL HAVE LUNCH.
AFTER LUNCH YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF OPTIONS, FREE RIDE, TOUR FREDERICKSBURG, OR GROUP RIDE TO CHEROKEE, ON 16 NORTH, THEN LEFT ON 501 TO PONTOC, THEN RIGHT TO FREDONIA, LEFT ON 386, TO RANCH ROAD 2618, THEN RIGHT ON 1900, , THEN TO FREDERICKSBERG ( THIS IS A 200 MILE TRIP)

THE SATURDAY RIDE
THE LEAKEY RIDE (245 MILES)
breakfast at destination cycle from 730 to 830, we leave at 9am sharp
turn right ON MEMORIAL HWY (534)
TAKE 534 TO 173 (FOURTH LIGHT) TURN RIGHT ON 173
TAKE 173 NORTH TO 16 TURN LEFT ON 16
( THERE ARE SEVERAL PLACES YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND AS WE PASS THEM AS THEY ARE IMPORTANT TO THE RIDE AND ARE ADDITIONAL MTG PLACES; THE FIRST IS ON 534 HALF WAY BETWEEN THE SUPER 8 AND THE TURN ON 173 IS DESTINATION CYCLE, THAT IS WHERE OUR SATURDAY BREAKFAST WILL TAKE PLACE, BETWEEN 730AM AND 9AM)
(THEN LATER ON 16 AFTER ALL THE GREAT CURVES AND HILLS ON 16 WE WILL BE GOING PAST KOYOTE RANCH THAT’S WHERE OUR Saturday DINNER IS)
WE COME TO THE TOWN OF MEDINA AND WE WILL TURN RIGHT ON FM 337 WE ARE ON PRIME ROAD NOW. WE TAKE 337 INTO LEAKEY WITH A BREAK AT THE RIM CYCLE SHOP, THEN WE GO ON TO CAMPWOOD. IN CAMPWOOD WE WILL GAS UP AND TAKE 55 NORTH TO BARKSDALE TO TURN RIGHT ON 335 WATCH FOR EVERYTHING FROM KANGAROOS TO GIFRAFFES AND CAMELS.
335 ENDS ON FM 41 TURN RIGHT AND THEN GO TO 336 (RIGHT TURN) AND WE ARE HEADED TO LEAKEY.
ONCE WE GET TO LEAKEY WE WILL TAKE A SHORT BREAK AND THEN CONTINUE ON OUR WAY .

getting lots of phone calls from people that missed the registration deadline and want to come and ride asking if its to late.

no, it's not, the registration deadline was for the t shirts and dinner reservations.

so you can come but there won't be a t shirt. and you can eat dinner sat night but you may be in a different section depending on how many xtra people show up.

so come on down and ride.

next question, there is no sign up fee or registration fee.

so come on down.

BUT PLEASE AT LEAST EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW YOU ARE COMING

well we have some great prizes and lots of new folks coming this year. will post some pictures after the ride

dinner thursday night 5 pm cracker barrel in kerrville

dinner friday night 5 pm acapulco on 1718 sydney baker ( just down from the hotel.

sat breakfast 830 am at destination cycle

dinner is at koyote ranch after the 3 sisters ride.

farewell to the 2nd annual hill country halloween ride

Farewell to the 2nd Annual Hill Country Halloween Ride

I want to say thank you to Doug’s liquor and cigars for their two gifts of Wild Turkey rare breed, and the leather/cedar cigar case with the Gurkha cigars. Gene from Cowboy Knives for donating his Buffalo Skinner and a sow belly 3 blade knife.
Destination cycle of Kerrville for donating a two piece rain suit. Home depot donated an emergency flash light
And we had several prizes donated by the riders themselves for gag gifts and fun, thank you Randy and Kim and Steve and Sara Lou.

My biggest struggle is to not over organize and detail everything we do, I did better this year than last and it saves a lot of frustration.

Hopefully our 3rd Annual Hill Country Halloween Ride will be bigger and even better.

Thanks to George from Trike talk (scoot62) for all the lunches we had together planning this it was invaluable and to the web sites that make this all possible for getting the word out.

We will be posting the pictures shortly and US385 from goldwingfacts.com will be posting them from all of us on a special web site. Thank you Travis.

From Docweb and Sharon thank you everyone for making a fun and safe ride. Hope everyone gets home safe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back