Mar 6, 2010
Wheeler,Texas
OK gang,

Being as we are brand new to the trike scene,we have decided that $ 20,000
is what we are budgeting for the procurement of our new toy.

I have not been having a whole lot of luck finding machines in that price range(that has the accessories we desire). Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?!?! Maybe we should just buy a used bike and have it triked!?!?

Please feel free to weigh in.

P.S. We live in the Texas Panhandle,don't wanna cross 5 states to get a trike unless we absolutely HAVE TO.

2fromTX, you don't say what accessories you desire. A nicely equipped and in budget range would be a Honda Goldwing 1500. Lower mileage trikes are available with most all the goodies on them. This is a very good machine and makes a nice trike. An older Harley can also be in that range but may not have all the goodies you are looking for.

Have you checked Bazooka's site? He's in Dothan AL - that's only 4 states away! ;)

Seriously though - I don't know what his prices might be, but I know he has consignment sales, and if he has anything in your price range you could always consider having it shipped.

Just a thought! Welcome to the site, and to the sport. You're gonna love both!! :yes:

Well apparently I am not looking in the right spot.

Do tell where I might begin to look for one of them Honda 1800 Champion machines??

We are not looking for a whole lot.....a comfortable back seat with armrests for my queen,and perhaps more cargo space than a standard model(pack light is not in her vocabulary) LOL!!

Keep the replies coming!!

P.S. We consider "Bama" to be 5 states away,since we live up in the NW corner of the state.

Not to sound like a smart butt, have U tried to Google "Honda Goldwing trikes for sale in TX" ????

Sometimes U might have to travel to find what u really want, also don't forget that if U find something U like, see if there is someone on the board that lives in that area that would go look at it, to save U a trip and if it checks out good then U could go look at it yourself...

Good Luck,,,

OK gang,

Being as we are brand new to the trike scene,we have decided that $ 20,000
is what we are budgeting for the procurement of our new toy.

I have not been having a whole lot of luck finding machines in that price range(that has the accessories we desire). Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?!?! Maybe we should just buy a used bike and have it triked!?!?

Please feel free to weigh in.

P.S. We live in the Texas Panhandle,don't wanna cross 5 states to get a trike unless we absolutely HAVE TO.

Where is your spirit of adventure? :)

No I meant brand spanking new. This is a Honda 1800 VTX YELLOW trike. The trike is in Arkansas though here is a link. I havwe been drooling over this color for 2 days now.

Honda : VTX : eBay Motors (item 170458315176 end time Apr-02-10 13:44:22 PDT)

Not a bad price. I just converted my 02 VTX to a trike. Kit was $8000, rake $600, paint about $1200, my price of the bike $5500. And I did all the work except paint.
Offer less and see where it goes. This bike has more than enough power for two up. Have 50,000 miles on mine and will put many, many more on.
Go for it.

When I add the cost of a kit to the current cost of my bike I couldn't trike my bike out for this amount. I don't know how they do it. Then on the flip side of the coin are those asking new prices for trikes 7 years old. Buyers market I suppose. This Honda trike is almost 2K higher on the dealer web site so this is a pretty good deal.

This is a 9 hour ride for the OP not sure if they want to consider this for that reason.

I just bought a 96se goldwing trike last april with a lot of extra goodies for $15,000 with only 56,000 on it. & drove 1200 miles to get it . But I looked for three months before I found it in montana. So hang in there they are out there:cool:

The 88 wing is a good looking unit but reserve not met only means they will not let it go under $15,000.. Been there done that . . they have a friend out bid you until they get their price. I paid $17,000 8 years ago for a 1997 with $17,000 on her and it's a DFT trike . trike are out there but bidding on one never pans out. The 1800 is not gona have a lot of bells and toots. Nice ride tho.

I think craigslist is the best bet to find trikes in your area. I don't see a lot of them around here but there have been some in other parts of the state. You just have to be patient to find what you want at the price you are willing to pay.

Thanks for the words of encouragement(and the links). I guess I am suffering from a bad case of spring fever,and just wish one would show up on my doorstep LOL!!

I had not even thought of craigslist,but will add that to my search list.

We are planning to attend the trike show in Moore,Ok. on the 27th and 28th of March,hopefully get some good leads there as well.

Our sense of adventure is limited to how far we can get in a weekend(our work schedules are pretty demanding right now)

Thanks for the words of encouragement(and the links). I guess I am suffering from a bad case of spring fever,and just wish one would show up on my doorstep LOL!!

I had not even thought of craigslist,but will add that to my search list.

We are planning to attend the trike show in Moore,Ok. on the 27th and 28th of March,hopefully get some good leads there as well.

Our sense of adventure is limited to how far we can get in a weekend(our work schedules are pretty demanding right now)

Here's the BEST craigslist search tool on the planet:

Craiglook: Craigslist Search

Just punch in 'honda trike' and your ZIP code and up they will pop! I use it all the time to the exclusion of any other such tool. Once the main window pops up, use the mile slider on the left to expand the default 20 mile radius. Enjoy!

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

No I meant brand spanking new. This is a Honda 1800 VTX YELLOW trike. The trike is in Arkansas though here is a link.

SmileyBowing.gif
Oh great WindyOne, I bow at thy throne begging thou forgiveness for questioning the accuracy of thy statement. Thou hast indeed found a fine bargain.
motorcycle_smiley.gif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back