2 up on a Free Wheeler?

As another alternative, check out this website for an armrest to add to your existing backrest.

http://www.motorcyclereararmrest.com/

There are pics of one on a Freewheeler in the gallery. The red and silver CSC Nomad 1700 in the first few pics in the gallery is our trike. The wife says the armrests helped her feel more secure.

We ride 2 up, with the Sun down seat and we (I) haven't had any complaints. Wife ride in the back and we have done a decent trip. I can't ride too long due to current disability so can't say how long trips would be. Made a difference for her having the back rest. I also think that adjustable footboard might help. I didn't feel crowded and with the right tire pressure and shock pressure it can help with bumps. I have a sport car so riding the trike is actually a bit more comfortable with a nice sit stance. Hope this helped some. If you got any more questions just let me know.

Mustang

Mustang seat is awesome, pricey but it is so much more comfy
Well, I have to say as a Freewheeler owner, that I find the stock seat to be lacking. And, I would like another seat. I have looked at Harley's Sundowner and just don't think it is much better that the stock one; and, for the money, just decided to wait and see what develops....

But, I don't see the Freewheeler as just a solo designed ride......just lacking in good accessory support at the moment.

I did contact some aftermarket makers (Corbin and Saddleman) on seating for the Freewheeler and got less than hopeful interest at the time.....I am hoping that will change in the new year......

I think it is just the "New Model" support lag.......

Springman

Per my earlier post I test rode a Free Wheeler and really liked it. However, it seemed a bit crowed. Who is riding 2 up and how is the room and comfort? If I purchase one it will end up being my only bike so I will ride it solo and with my wife for trips. The dealer said they do not have any seats available yet other than the seat that comes on it. So is the Free Wheeler seat smaller, less room than the Tri-Glide?

Would appreciate any feed back from anyone riding 2 up.

Thanks,Sunman

Sundowner makes a great seat for the Freewheeler. Test rode one today,and had a sample Sundowner seat on it,as per my request.

Why are so many people trying to make a cruiser out of a sporty solo designed bar hopper???

Your totally wrong... The Freewheeler is pretty much a Road King Trike, it's not just a bar hopper as you say. Everyone rides two up on Road Kings there a touring bike. The Freewheeler with a nice upgraded seat is just like a Road King. It becomes a rather nice two up rider.

With the Sundowner seat and the backrest the Freewheeler still remains very sporty looking too.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back