What to do?

Nov 4, 2012
Pontoon Beach, IL
:confused: I had 3 1/2" Rinehart's on my 2011. Really liked them. Since I plan on going to Alaska this year I'm afraid to change from Harley products because of the warranty issue.
Can I get a good sound from any of the Harley optional exhausts? Don't like the way it sounds stock. Second I see that some of the exhausts are 4". I have already installed the DK lifts but will I loose an extra 1/2" of clearance if I choose 4" mufflers.

:confused: I had 3 1/2" Rinehart's on my 2011. Really liked them. Since I plan on going to Alaska this year I'm afraid to change from Harley products because of the warranty issue.

Can I get a good sound from any of the Harley optional exhausts? Don't like the way it sounds stock. Second I see that some of the exhausts are 4". I have already installed the DK lifts but will I loose an extra 1/2" of clearance if I choose 4" mufflers.

I would make that trip with the stock mufflers and then change when I got home. The stocks will burn out and sould a little better with time and miles, or at least mine did. Whatever you have on there will probably take a beating lift kit or not.

BTW - I'm a big fan of the Fatshotz too, ran them on my 2012 and loved the sound.

First, hope you have a great time on your trip to Alaska! We went in 2013 ( see Ride Report with lots of pics HERE )

On the exhaust, there are so many options. I've always run loud exhaust and never had a warranty issue because of them...not to say you won't.

Not sure how loud you want, take a listen to this vid-

You can get a real good (which is subjective) sound out of the stock exhaust, just remove the stock baffles and replace with Thunder Torque Inserts. You will end up with more power across the RPM band also.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back