what NOT to get

I had foam grips on for a while. They were like a sponge, got soggy when running in the rain - and they took a while to dry out. I also run with a Crampbuster (love the thing!) and the foam eventually tore from the preassure and turning it to adjust it for riding conditions. They were also much bigger than the stock grips - even bigger around than the grips on my Harley.

Have to agree with both of those. I put the grips on late in the fall and didn't like the size from the git go. Later, when I got out my winter gloves and hopped on the trike... that was complete misery. I could hardly close my hands around them.

Those grips may be the only thing i ever put on that I took back off.

The Crampbuster is "essential" in my book and the best 10 bucks ever spent. I like being in total control on the trike at all times. so I ride mostly with the Cruise Control off. The Crampbuster totally eliminates "numb thumb."

Dave:cool:

I tried the "Le Wipe" It is all well and good if you can work it properly. It would not do what I asked of it so chucked it at around 50mph. Yes..not a wise thing to do and also being a litter bug but it did P..s me off:mad:

Funny.. my first thought was the cramp buster as being the worst thing I ever got.. it hangs on my sleeve and revs the motor sometimes so I took it off.. now C really likes hers.

I guess that's why they make black and white. Everyone is different. :D

I use mine on a very long trip. On trips of 100 miles or less not to often .

On the trike I have the wide Crampbuster - it is shorter than the original version. I have never had any trouble with it hooking onto anything or reving. I think it is the placement. A friend gave me one that is made out of a spring metal ring and a "spoon" made of wood. The wood part swings out and away, into the bar or in between. I have this on the left grip to give some support - lessens hand and arm fatigue on those 500 mile days. On the Harley I have an original model Throttle Rocker. Just like the wide Crampbuster, but there is a bit of a downturn on the inside edge that follows the contour of my thumb around the grip.

Now what not to get -

The newer version of the Throttle Rocker. The one with velcro to hold it on. Apparently there were some copyright/patent conflicts with Crampbuster and they had to change the design. Not for the better, IMNSHO.:mad:Had one, wouldn't stay in place even with the rubber band it comes with. It is also hard to adjust. With the Crampbuster and the original Throttle Rocker, I just rotate it up and around. The velcro version of the T.R. has have the velcro unhooked and hooked again after the adjustment. Not at all something I want to do while riding. Of course, YMMV,:p

I tried the "Le Wipe" It is all well and good if you can work it properly. It would not do what I asked of it so chucked it at around 50mph. Yes..not a wise thing to do and also being a litter bug but it did P..s me off:mad:

My thought on the Le Wipe was it was sort of a neat idea, but if it is raining hard enough I can't see through the shield (we have a tall Tulsa) and need a wiper, 1) do I want to take a hand off the bars to move the wiper back and forth, 2) do i take my eyes off the wet road to find the handle of the wiper, and 3) shouldn't I pull off till the rain slows

My first trike did not have running boards. My present trike does have them. I would not buy then again. They make impossible for me to toe walk the trike out of a parking space and make routine service and cleaning more difficult. My boots provide ample protection from rain water. Besides they are expensive, especially for bling, in my opinion.

Antenna (screwed under the top of mast) flag poles...
Lost the cap, then lost the hings, then the entire thing fell off.

Kuryakin, handle bar setback shims....
KILLED my upper shoulders, and chest...
I was told that if you have the rake, (mine does not) the setbacks are great...
Thats what some say

I just had to have the "new" LED Brake and Turn lights for the rear. $269.00 worth. The only problem.... NOBODY can see the turn signals during the day. At night they are fantastic. I would leave the OEMs on.

Garland

Would not buy the headlight plastic shields again. They don't conform to the headlights very well and the little round Velcro attachments look awful IMO. They're in my garage cabinet now. :Shrug:

This is a really informative thread. You can't beat real world experience. If you don't mind a HD owner chiming in:

I would never again buy LED plug in lights that are designed to work in the stock housing and lens. I also had to buy an equalizer to make sure everything worked right, and guess what? They were dimmer than the OEM bulbs! Live and learn...

My first trike did not have running boards. My present trike does have them. I would not buy then again. They make impossible for me to toe walk the trike out of a parking space and make routine service and cleaning more difficult. My boots provide ample protection from rain water. Besides they are expensive, especially for bling, in my opinion.

Glad I didn't get the boards with my RS. Of course, I may change my mind later.

This is a really informative thread. You can't beat real world experience. If you don't mind a HD owner chiming in:

I would never again buy LED plug in lights that are designed to work in the stock housing and lens. I also had to buy an equalizer to make sure everything worked right, and guess what? They were dimmer than the OEM bulbs! Live and learn...

Don't mean to run your Harley down as I have one also but their Mickey Mouse charging system will barely run what is stock on them and certainly not much anything else. That is probably the reason for the dimmer lights....

Personally, if I could choose to do something again I would NOT have purchased these. While they do look good the LED's that they used have a terrible tendency of failing and I have already had to replace one side. Which is a HUGE pain in the arse to do.

I'll hopefully be changing them out to a more reliable LED setup as these seem to be mounted on rather cheap boards.

DSC_0025-1_zpsf7f68daa.jpg

My thought on the Le Wipe was it was sort of a neat idea, but if it is raining hard enough I can't see through the shield (we have a tall Tulsa) and need a wiper, 1) do I want to take a hand off the bars to move the wiper back and forth, 2) do i take my eyes off the wet road to find the handle of the wiper, and 3) shouldn't I pull off till the rain slows

My buddy had one that blew off on the highway and was not missed at all.

My boots provide ample protection from rain water. Besides they are expensive, especially for bling, in my opinion.

I agree, running boards or ground effects to me are just for looks and I don't really like how they look.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back