VW front brakes Im at a loss

The cbr1000rr 08 up works fine on the vw disc brakes althouth you do have to modify the gl1800 right control switch and throttle some. the crb brake hande is a little short but works they want 99 bucks for a longer handle. maybe someday

I agree you need a residual valve if you are running out of pedal travel, sound like you are losing to much line pressure at the brake.

I installed a residual valve on my GL1500 trike, for the rear disks, it works great.

Think of it as a check valve, that holds most of the pedal/line pressure, so when you go to apply the brakes, you dont have to press the brake pedal so far, to actuate the brakes.

A larger brake master piston would apply if you needed more braking power, larger the piston the more power but the harder the pedal becomes to press.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back