Video on VVT on HD Liquid Cooled

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
Here is a viseo I found pretty interesting, the front half of the video is bla bla, watch this all the way thru and learn how this new VVT works

My 17 trike was the first one my dealer had in Sept of 16, and as many of you know this bike has had many issues, so as far as being the first kid on the block to own one...... No thanks.

My 17 trike was the first one my dealer had in Sept of 16, and as many of you know this bike has had many issues, so as far as being the first kid on the block to own one...... No thanks.

I agree I won’t do free research and development for Harley anymore..

My 17 Triglide also was problematic to say the least…

Just to add.....With my 2017....Tri when i contacted Harley HQ....And stated my problems the very condescending person on the line said what are you worried about??...Its under warranty any Harley dealer in the country will take care of it..Yea' Sure at their leisure:mad:..

Just to add.....With my 2017....Tri when i contacted Harley HQ....And stated my problems the very condescending person on the line said what are you worried about??...Its under warranty any Harley dealer in the country will take care of it..Yea' Sure at their leisure:mad:..

This is true that its under warranty but, you plan your vacation, schedule time off maybe even make motel reservations. Then prior to leaving or during the trip One of these reoccurring issues sidelines you in a motel waiting for parts or getting it in. Now this can happen with anything mechanical, but when you lose faith in the ability of your bike to take you somewhere then return you home it gets very aggravating. And to have someone in customer service give you a condescending answer it can send you over the edge. Only those of us who have had a lemon bike will truly understand.

This is true that its under warranty but, you plan your vacation, schedule time off maybe even make motel reservations. Then prior to leaving or during the trip One of these reoccurring issues sidelines you in a motel waiting for parts or getting it in. Now this can happen with anything mechanical, but when you lose faith in the ability of your bike to take you somewhere then return you home it gets very aggravating. And to have someone in customer service give you a condescending answer it can send you over the edge. Only those of us who have had a lemon bike will truly understand.

When I mentioned all that to them..How does the saying go………..

I doubt the VVT engine is coming to the touring lineup next year. Even if it does I'll be waiting for a few years before jumping on board. I can see ride control making its way on the current M8's and maybe the new tupperware without the giant radio.