Upgrading to LED headlight - not HD part

Jan 23, 2022
Crystal Lake
I just was upgrading to an LED headlight. J&P states this fits my freewheeler ('20). HogWorkz 7" LED Chrome HaloMaker Headlight Kit. The wiring harness that came with the headlight has 1 plug, and the OEM wiring harness has 2. The back of the headlight housing is sealed, so I can't get to the wiring harness and remove the entire splitter. Anyone try this headlight and how did you get it wired in and working? TIA.

Unfortunately the headlight housing is closed back so I cannot get to the 4 pin harness. Two wires pass through a small rubber grommet. Wondering if the Road King adapter will make it work.

I have the hogworkz headlight and like it but I was irritated to discover its made in China. I contacted hogworkz before I bought it and their email indicated it was not made in China but when I got the box it said made in China.

To answer your question I'm pretty sure there's an adapter that either comes with it or you have to buy extra and all the wiring is done through the front. You take the stock bulb out and connect the adapter and the new bulb and screw everything back together.

I just was upgrading to an LED headlight. J&P states this fits my freewheeler ('20). HogWorkz 7" LED Chrome HaloMaker Headlight Kit. The wiring harness that came with the headlight has 1 plug, and the OEM wiring harness has 2. The back of the headlight housing is sealed, so I can't get to the wiring harness and remove the entire splitter. Anyone try this headlight and how did you get it wired in and working? TIA.

I got a cheapo led headlight from Amazon. A fraction of the cost of OEM. I don't ride much at night so it's more about daytime visibility. Works great.

Barb, I hope you’ve found a solution by now. I found the instructions that came with my Eagle headlight and it clearly states that there are three possibilities. Direct plug and play, an adapter for the flat plug shown in the video, and an adapter that plugs into each of the existing plugs to join them to your headlight (with part numbers). Sorry no one was able to help you. Contact the manufacturer or dealer if you haven’t. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back