turn signal

2008 Thoroughbred Stallion. The turn signals are not working. but the headlights and emergency flashers are working. I have replaced both the relay and the turn signal switch. I have also checked the fuse. Neither has fixed the problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go from here?

Thanks

Is your cruise control still functioning? We had a similar problem and it turned out to be the clock spring in the steering wheel.

It is located under the steering wheel and is actually a spring made of coiled steel and as the name implies it controls several functions. Carl from Main Street Motorcycle in Granville Iowa fixed ours. He is very familiar with the Stallions. As an alternative I think that any Ford dealership would be able to assist you as it is a standard Ford part. Or if you have a trusted mechanic they should also be familiar with the part and its function. The hardest part was tracing the wire in the dash of the Stallion as I remember that wire was yellow in color. TMS should be able to supply the part number.

Good Luck

A bad clock spring can give you ALL the problems you are describing including a horn not working,

do you have radio controls on the steering wheel?

It is located under the steering wheel and is actually a spring made of coiled steel and as the name implies it controls several functions. Carl from Main Street Motorcycle in Granville Iowa fixed ours. He is very familiar with the Stallions. As an alternative I think that any Ford dealership would be able to assist you as it is a standard Ford part. Or if you have a trusted mechanic they should also be familiar with the part and its function. The hardest part was tracing the wire in the dash of the Stallion as I remember that wire was yellow in color. TMS should be able to supply the part number.

Good Luck

If you go on Youtube and do a search for 2007 Ford Ranger "clockspring" there are several videos there on it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back