Truths

It looks like that the cylinder was not clocking properly........:xszpv:[/QUOTE]

I've heard of that problem on large bore S&W revolvers after too many "hot" loads fired, but never on a Ruger. But I would agree sometin' went wrong...:Shrug:

It looks like that the cylinder was not clocking properly........:xszpv:

I've heard of that problem on large bore S&W revolvers after too many "hot" loads fired, but never on a Ruger. But I would agree sometin' went wrong...:Shrug:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ruger's can usually stand up to a lot of misuse/abuse but a double charge of powder, some more than others, can spell disaster as proof here. It's why you want to do your reloading with ZERO DISTRACTIONS. That includes not drinking.:p:clapping::D

If this isn't a true "Hand Cannon", I don't know what one actually is....:p

tumblr_pdz2xi2erv1sg4r9j_1280.jpg

I've heard of that problem on large bore S&W revolvers after too many "hot" loads fired, but never on a Ruger. But I would agree sometin' went wrong...:Shrug:

Yeah, Ruger's can usually stand up to a lot of misuse/abuse but a double charge of powder, some more than others, can spell disaster as proof here. It's why you want to do your reloading with ZERO DISTRACTIONS. That includes not drinking.:p:clapping::D[/QUOTE]

Back in basic training and AIT, On some of the boring war games we would at times take the power out of one blank cartridge and double it in a second one,Then take off the orange flash suppressor for blanks, Wedge the empty cartridge backwards in the end of the barrel [M 14] , And fire it off like a rifle grenade..Sometimes the 14's suppressor would mushroom, And one time the stock broke....We didn't care what was the Army gonna do to us..Send us to Nam.Or...Make us pay for the rifle, At 93 dollars a month they would have to make us civilians again so we could go back to our old jobs so we could make enough to pay... :D......Those were wild and crazy times back then...

Maybe we were coming home or maybe not.....58 thousand didn't..:mad:

It looks like that the cylinder was not clocking properly........:xszpv:[/QUOTE] Wittnessed one like this Barrel obstruction I was just off left and behind and heard a low pop (primer going off not powder charge) cocked it and let it go before I screamed not to fire squib load. shooter had two broken fingers and a few cuts from metal. just sayin Fred

Wanted to order one of these to help me get a line over a large limb caught in the treetops...attempted to order one online but was told slingshots could not be shipped to NY State..........:gah:

Heck, we used to make our own slingshots. To the best of my knowledge there is/are no law keeping a person from doing that yet. I've not personally looked but I bet there are even YouTube videos showing how to make one. They have them showing how to make bombs so why not a slingshot. :Shrug::Shrug::Shrug: There isn't much to it.

Heck, we used to make our own slingshots. To the best of my knowledge there is/are no law keeping a person from doing that yet. I've not personally looked but I bet there are even YouTube videos showing how to make one. They have them showing how to make bombs so why not a slingshot. :Shrug::Shrug::Shrug: There isn't much to it.

Agreed, nothing to it, being a country kid I probly made 100 or more of 'em but didn't feel like hunting around for just the right apple wood crotch, proper rubber tubing, etc. Went with a rock and rope, took about an hour to get that perfect shot then pulled it down with the truck.

THEN I come up with the fishing pole idea, bet that wouldda worked like a charm. O well, right in the middle of the big woods here, there'll be another 'widow maker' soon enough.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back