trunk lights

Nov 25, 2012
New Market MD
I have a 2020 tri glide. Wondering if anyone has installed any internal lighting in the lower trunk area? if so. Any pics and what you used? how do you like it?

Or anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

I have a 2020 tri glide. Wondering if anyone has installed any internal lighting in the lower trunk area? if so. Any pics and what you used? how do you like it?

thanks

I've been considering it. I think maybe one light at the top of the trunk inside. It would be a simple matter to tap into the wiring.

I went the stick on route. Picked up a six pack of them at Lowes hardware. About the size of a half dollar. Stuck to the inside lid. Better then parking under a street light. Them gals get mad when ya take thire corner.

I got one of those little lights from Harbor Freight - it does inside the top of my trunk (I have a liner up there).

It's LED - battery powered - just press the button and there is plenty of light. Think I paid about $2.99 for it.

thanks

I got these CT CAPETRONIX 12v LED Interior Light Bar, 168LEDs 1700LM 10W, DC 12 Volt led Strip Lights with ON/Off Switch, for Enclosed Cargo Trailer, Car RV Van Truck Lorry Camper Boat Caravan Motorhome (4Pcs)

Remove the inner lining & tapped into the red wire. I believe you can find them,without 4,but I wanted some more to install in my trailer. I liked these because they have a switch & can be hard wired. I had tried some a few yrs ago that were battery, but they died too much. These yse a stick-on that is really strong. I mounted it just over the trunk opening & it lights up the entire trunk like day time.:clapping:

I got these CT CAPETRONIX 12v LED Interior Light Bar, 168LEDs 1700LM 10W, DC 12 Volt led Strip Lights with ON/Off Switch, for Enclosed Cargo Trailer, Car RV Van Truck Lorry Camper Boat Caravan Motorhome (4Pcs)

Remove the inner lining & tapped into the red wire. I believe you can find them,without 4,but I wanted some more to install in my trailer. I liked these because they have a switch & can be hard wired. I had tried some a few yrs ago that were battery, but they died too much. These yse a stick-on that is really strong. I mounted it just over the trunk opening & it lights up the entire trunk like day time.:clapping:

this could work well. Will have to look into it.

thanks

While replacing the license plate bulbs for LEDs I found I had a hot all the time wire (apparently I'm the only one who has this hot wire) I had an extra tourpac light from my old Ultra. Trimmed it down and stuck it to the lock cover. Works by touch it in the center and it turns off after about 5 minutes.

trunk.jpglite.jpg

Trunk light

I posted this a while ago. It's a little time consuming but my take on it. Also did the same to the lower trunk.
Ok so I got tired of straining to see what was in the trunk at dark. Being a DIY kinda guy (ok, too tight to give HD another $100) did my own version.

View attachment 49330

Image 1: Purchased both items from O'Reilly Auto Parts. You can pick these up at most any auto parts probably. O'Reilly just my choice. The light pods (2 in package) were $15.00 and magnetic switch $14.00. I will use the other light for the bottom trunk just have to purchase another magnetic switch. Even then I am still under the $90 HD wants for their trunk light.

View attachment 49331

Image 2: Light has 3m type adhesive on back so I attached it midway of trunk latch. I tucked the wiring up in track with weather stripping to conceal it.

View attachment 49332

Image 3: Red arrow is wired magnetic connection. Green arrow is non-wired connection. Purple arrow is where wires are splice into luggage rack light wiring harness. Light will only come on when ignition is on.

View attachment 49333

Image 4: This is where wire exits top of trunk and secured to existing wiring harness.

View attachment 49334

Image 5: Just an overall view of installation.

View attachment 49335

Image 6: Light off.

View attachment 49336

Image 7: Light on.

View attachment 49337

Image 8: Light on overall view.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back